Pre-season Competition: Robo-Blasters Re-cap
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 5th annual pre-season competition! Robo-blasters was successful because of all the students, mentors, and volunteers who made it happen!
- Our third robot (robot c), which was last season's robot, took third place in the competition and our business plan took second place in the business competition. We had a total of 10 teams and 23 robots competing, what a great turnout!
Build Session Progress
The team has been brainstorming ideas for prototypes for this year's FRC game, Infinite Recharge! If you could not make it to Kickoff, you can watch the game animation and find out more about the challenge with the links provided below.
- Linear Actuator Climber: Makes the robot climb
- Conveyor Belt: Sucks up the balls after they've been collected by the over the bumper collector
- Dozer Dump: holds 5 balls at once, the stage between the conveyor belt and the goal
- Over The Bumper Collector: Roller with wheels on it that extends over the bumper that grabs the pulls and pulls them into the robot
- Flywheel Intake: Two flywheels mounted vertically spin inwards to collect the balls into an elastic sack, the balls can then be ejected out of the sack when the wheels spin in the opposite direction
- Hook/Climber: Like a carabiner, opens one way but not the other, will be used for climbing
Katie W. Team Captain
Her favorite things about robotics has been all the fun people she has met here. She also has loved all the different things that she has learned over the years. In the future she hopes she can continue to work with robots and go into something to do with engineering. One fun fact is that she enjoys to travel!
Created with images by Franck V. - "untitled image" • AbsolutVision - "lightbulb concept cork" • webandi - "calendar wall calendar days" • jim quenzer - "untitled image" • geralt - "human google polaroid"