- Background - Largest beverage company and is the leading producer and marketer of soft drink.
- Product- Coca - Cola, Sprite, Fanta, Mello Yello, Fresca etc.
- Target market - Is vast and varied as its product lines, demographics based on taste and habits
- Mission Statement - Remain a thriving business in the next ten years, to inspire moments of optimism, to create value and make a difference.
Proposed Change & Rationale
- Selling snack and food products
- Demand shift for snack products
- Widen Coca-Cola's product selection
- Increase Coca-Cola's sales revenue
- Generated 38% of PepsiCo's sales revenue in 2015
- Merge with a current snack company
- Example: Promotion in Motion- sells Welch's and Sun-Made Raisins
Kotters change model
- Create sense of urgency- Urge upper management to act on the change due to the drop of soda consumption in the US. (drop of 25% over last 20 years)
- Form a strategic vision-Clearly explain vision to upper management. Vision is creating a place where Coke can sell beverages and snacks in same place. (Vending machine)
- Enable action by removing barriers- Figuring out what kind of snacks the Coca-Cola Company would want to be involved with, the cost of partnership.
- Sustain Acceleration- Promote new products through social media avenues, and create package deals with Coca-Cola beverages and new snack products