Rule #1 Well priced homes sell.
Rule #2 Don't forget rule #1.
Casey Samson is an expert at pricing homes in Northern Virginia.
Pricing based on:
- Price Per Sq Ft and percentage of assessment of the comparables
- Growth chart for the past 10 years
- Applying threshold characteristics
- Condition and upgrades of the home
- Market conditions
We apply the nearest pricing thresholds. Each time you go under a major threshold you increase your buyer pool.
Thresholds are at: $25,000 increments for homes between $750-$900 $50,000 increments on homes between $900-$1.5M $100,000 increments over $1.5M.
We use state-of-the-art fusion photography that shows your home in the best light. A great picture really is worth 1,000 words.
Buyers and Sellers want video. According to a recent Google/NAR study, an overwhelming 85% of buyers and sellers in higher price ranges want to work with an agent who uses video marketing. Furthermore, homes listed with video get four times the inquiries of those listed without video. In addition to Fusion Photography, a high-quality video solution has become a vital and integral part of the marketing strategy for every home.
We develop beautiful brochures based on the top 10 things you love most about your home. We also have hot sheets, flyers and conveyances for potential buyers
Your listings will be syndicated automatically to:
- Zillow, #1 Buyers site. We are premier agents and all of our listings are enhanced.
- Realtor.com is the official website of the National Association of Realtors and hosts listings for homes, lands and rentals.
- Trulia, this website notably incorporates lifestyle factors as filters into the search process, including school ratings, crime data, proximity to restaurants and shops, and more.
- MLS, Institutional Multiple Listing Service that sends your listing to any registered buyers and their agents.
- Listingbook, provides complete, up-to-date real estate information, straight from the MLS.
Social Media is a powerful driver in today’s market.
We use Geofencing to identify our target market by location, age, gender, selling pattern, income etc and get your pictures and home video in front of them.
Share your ad with your friends on Facebook and ask them to share. This is a power marketing tool and can be done with one click.
Light is our friend, dark is our enemy. Make sure all interior lights are on from 9 am - 9 pm including but not limited to:
- Closets, Bathroom, Basements, Storage
- Make sure all exterior lights have bulbs and are on during showing times hours of 10-7. Buyers may not come in the home during evening hours but they are definitely driving by.
- All should be the highest watts. NO energy efficient bulbs.
- Window treatments are Always open to let is an much natural sunlight as possible.
Open Houses are every other week for the first month, 85% of our listings sell in first 30 days.
- Certified open house agents conduct open houses for TCST. You will LOVE them. We try to have same agent do first two opens.
- Brochures are checked ad restocked as needed on Thursday for Sunday's open house.
- Seller receive a report after each open house.
- Visitors will be logged and categorized
While conducting an open house Casey met a buyer that shared they had lost 6 contracts and loved the home. Although they submitted the only contract, knowing their history promoted Casey to ask for highest and best offer by Monday at 5PM. Concerned about losing another home she increased her bid $42,000. She was the only bidder. Knowledge of the buyers helps give us visibility and get seller maximum profit. Open Houses work.
Communication is critical to a successful sale. A weekly activity report will tell you how many showings your home had over the last 7 days. Traffic will dictate if we have found the right price. The average-open house tends to have traffic of 12-15 visitors with 2-4 being real buyers. An average of 6-8 showings per week through Realtors is expected.
A showingtime report will be provided to give feedback on those showings.
A realtor.com report is provided to show how many times your property was viewed on realtor.com
The first week your home is on the market we do a “Facebook Boost.” This is a targeted ad to the specific audience we believe is looking to buy your home. This ad takes our audience from 100 to over 3,000.
Repricing, if necessary
If the home doesn't sell within 30 days, we need to reevaluate based on traffic, comments and market conditions.
Signs we are overpriced.
- No Traffic
- Heavy traffic with no contract
- Dwindling traffic counts
Signs we are on the money:
- 8-10 weekend showing
- 20-30 open house visitors
- Good comments
- Contracts by Tuesday
- Pricing adjustments are make after 30 days if necessary
- Larger homes over $1.2 we wait for 45 days
If home is experiencing no traffic we will discuss an adjustment at two weeks, if necessary.
Casey Samson is an expert at negotiating contracts and keeping the sellers in a leverage position. This advantage makes, or saves, sellers tens of thousands of dollars.
- Highest and best offers produce the most benefit to the sellers
- Changing appraisal language allows sellers to receive more than the homes appraised value
- Maintaining control of pest inspections can save sellers hundreds of dollars
- Home inspection releases are critical to a successful sale
- Settlements at our preferred title company allows our sellers to be represented by our attorney's
Effectiveness of highest and best offers. A $750,000 listing on Creek Crossing in Vienna received 5 contracts most at $760,000. One with an escalation clause of $2000 over best offer, netting seller $762,000. Casey emails Buyer's agent: "No escalation clause. Highest and best by Monday at 5.” Reply within the hour: “OK $790,000, all cash, no contingencies, 3 month free rent back.” Casey: “DEAL!”. Our system works.
The Casey Samson Team establishes a neighborhood's resale value.
As Paul Harvey would say, here is the rest of the story on 101 E. Reed Street.
This home was one of 6 beautiful new townhouse built in a less expensive part of Alexandria. One of the homes attempted to sell and set the resale market price but failed. Within 30 days, we sold and established a strong resale value for the neighborhood. Team member Pat Samson then found the sellers a new home, built by one of Vienna’s premier builders, in a top Vienna neighborhood.
When you receive a contract (or 6) we have "You have a contract, now what?"
This presentation will walk you through:
- Walk Through
Every step is choreographed and executed by professionals of The Casey Samson Team for a smooth transaction from beginning to end.