Electric Powered School Bus
Blue Bird was first to market electric school buses in 1994. With advances in battery technology, we can now offer efficient and affordable electric-powered buses. Our All American RE Electric bus and Vision Electric bus has the same, reliable body structure of our other rear engine bus offerings, and is powered by the ADOMANI/EDI Drivetrain system. This system has been proven in multiple applications, with over 25 million miles of drive time.
Along with the new Blue Bird Electric School Bus we will also be showcasing other school buses Blue Bird has to offer.
Propane Powered School Bus
Leading the industry as the most popular alternative fuel school bus, Blue Bird’s next generation Propane-Powered Vision bus, a fully integrated and purpose-built Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) bus, is engineered to the same exacting standards as other Blue Bird products. This award-winning bus is powered by the Ford 6.8L engine, which is designed and engineered to operate on propane utilizing the ROUSH CleanTech Liquid Propane Autogas Fuel System. As many satisfied customers can affirm, propane autogas is a safe, clean and affordable alternative fuel with an established infrastructure system throughout North America.
Gasoline Powered School Bus
The Blue Bird Gasoline Powered Vision has a lower acquisition cost than other fuel types Maintenance and repairs are easy when a majority of technicians are trained to work on gasoline engines and you can refuel almost anywhere A proven partnership with Ford and ROUSH CleanTech makes the Blue Bird Gasoline Powered Vision another reliable choice for your fleet
CNG Powered School Buses
With Blue Bird’s 25 years of CNG experience, we’re familiar with the infrastructure and fuel providers in each area and can provide you with referrals for your fuel and station needs. The extensive Blue Bird/Ford service network throughout the US and Canada assures quick turnaround on service. Our Vision CNG bus comes with the unwavering Blue Bird and ROUSH CleanTech commitment to passenger safety, durability, service and support.
Diesel Powered School Buses
As a staple in the school bus industry, the Blue Bird Vision continues as a frontrunner in school bus safety. The Vision’s purpose-built, angled hood offers the greatest loading and unloading zone field of vision in a conventional Type C school bus. The ergonomic and comfortable driver’s cockpit includes a driver-information-display panel that provides a wealth of system information to both drivers and service technicians. With capacities ranging from 36 - 78 students, the Blue Bird Vision offers the flexibility needed for today's transportation needs along with the safety, quality, durability and serviceability to ensure that this school bus continues to meet those needs throughout the life of the vehicle.
Join Us May 11, 2018
May 11, 2018 Agenda
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Continental breakfast and refreshments in the Partner Area
- 10:00 AM – 10: 15 AM Welcome comments and overview of the day
- 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM Update on the VW Diesel Emissions Mitigation Plan
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM Bendix ESP and Air Disc Brake Overview
- 10:45 AM – 11:00 AM Electric bus overview by Blue Bird/Adomani
- 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM Alternative fuel customer panel and experience review
- 11:45 AM – 12:00 PM Morning session wrap up and Q&A
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch in the 34 Club
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Ride and drive buses are available
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Partner Area is open
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Bendix Air Disc Brake Demonstration
- 1: 30 PM – 2:30 PM Bendix ESP Demonstration Rides
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM Closing comments and departures