Thank God for His Safe Haven and their ministry to Liberian children with special needs and their families! Praise God:
- for the new cucumber harvest and Isaac, the assistant agriculture director pictured above! God has blessed their efforts to grow cucumbers, corn, potato greens, pumpkins, and watermelons.
- For Meshack (bottom left), who comes three times a week to HSH to learn life skills. When he previously begged and danced on the local streets to make money, he was abused by the community. Now he is learning to clean tables, sweep the floor, and clean up the therapy room. The children love him! He loves to dance and is often found entertaining everyone by dancing to the therapy music.
- For Uncle Francis (pictured with his foster father center bottom). Uncle Francis is thriving and growing and is very much loved by his foster family. Thank God for the example these Christians are showing the world around them as they love and care for those considered cursed by most Liberians.
Eddie Broussard continues to serve the cause of world-wide missions through the Navigators. Eddie serves on the Executive Team and encourages leaders all over Latin America and Eurasia.
- for Eddie's recent 2nd knee replacement. It went even better than the first with far less pain.
- for continued healing and recovery for both of Eddie's knees.
- for a good balance of rest and rehab in this recovery stage.
- for wisdom as Eddie begins to plan and step back into ministry this coming month.
Nolan & Marie Schockey - Juarez, Mexico
- For Marie & Nolan to have rest and discernment as they train pastors and church leaders through their ministry "Servant Senders", and also as they share their lives, time, and funds with the very needy in Juarez.
- For Pastor Javier, who goes to the State Police every week to pray and share devotions. He is well-received by the police as they struggle with corruption and attacks on them and their offices.
- For Temo, a student who is almost ready to graduate, and his wife, Belen. They were hit by a drunk driver last week. He has a concussion and she is having difficulty walking. The drunk driver may have paid someone off, as he is free and is not going to pay for their medical treatment or totaled car. They have 5 children. Please pray for healing and a new (used) vehicle to allow him to transport his family and to get to classes and outreaches.
- For Pastor Pepe, who is still on a restoration plan after the stress of ministry led to some poor choices. Please pray for him and his family as they work through the consequences and healing.
- Isaias, who leads their ministry to the Police Academy. He is allowed to teach 1 hour every Saturday to the cadets as a part of their required training. He also helps provide the cadets with bus fare, boots, and work needed at their homes so they can stay in class and graduate. Many go into leadership and are the strong, consistent connections who allow Servant Sender's students to have devotions in the police stations twice a day, three times a week. They have had a presence in Juarez police stations for over a decade!
- Pastor Samuel, a graduated pastor who leads a church and also houses migrants. He has glaucoma, which causes him a lot of pain. He teaches the migrants daily. Last week, he brought several migrants he had led to the Lord to Servant Sender's regular Tuesday study for baptism. One migrant from El Salvador had been shot trying to cross the border with a "coyote" (human smuggler) he had paid $5000. He is now returning home saying his hope is no longer in the US, nor in El Salvador, but in Christ.
Pastor Al Pittman & Pastor Zechariah Arni - Haifa, Israel
Praise God for Pastor Zechariah Arni's continued work with the Messianic Ethiopian Church in Haifa, Israel. Their congregation saw many new souls enter the Kingdom of God, especially young people, even with the challenges of 2020.
- In recent months, they have seen intensified persecution from the non-Messianic Ethiopian community. Pray that God will reveal himself to their persecutors. Pray also that He will help new believers to stay strong in their relationship and belief in Jesus as the Messiah, and that they will not give up under the social pressure. "Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:19-20
Carlos & Yolanda Casco - Latin America
Praise God for the continued ministry of Carlos & Yolanda Casco, who minister all over Latin America through Inductive Bible Study Seminars and Marriage Seminars. God has continued to bless their ministry as they teach mostly online through Zoom or Facebook, but are also starting to hold some seminars in Ecuador again.
Please pray for them this month, as they are out of the country visiting their children and have not been allowed to return to Ecuador due to Covid restrictions. Please pray for the Inductive Bible Study seminars and training he will provide in San Salvador, El Salvador, and for Calvary Chapel Bible College in Antigua, Guatemala. Pray for understandable teaching in spite of being separated by an ocean and also for the technology to work well. Also, please pray that doors will open up for Carlos & Yolanda to return home.
"And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." 2 Corinthians 2:1-5
Janice Evans serves in Chornomorsk, Ukraine. She shared that it used to be a military base when Ukraine was under the Soviet Union. The most common language is Russian, even though they also know Ukrainian. (Janice's skills in Russian have made her a vital member of the church plant.) It is a small tourist town with many parks and playgrounds. She said the people are generally kind, though when she first moved in, her elderly neighbors would not smile at her, but just stared. Lately they have been responding with smiles and have been more friendly. The predominant religion is atheism.
- the Lord answered our prayers for a good holiday for Janice, even as she misses mother, who died last year. God provided several friends who visited. Her foster son Roma and his brother also returned for the holidays.
- Many of their new youth have come out of a church split, and there are still warring camps who refuse to speak to one another. That is starting to thaw, but please pray for unity and forgiveness to grow, especially in one girl who is very hardened. She recently started attending church again.
- for continued new contacts as she studies Russian in a local coffee shop. Many people approach her and are eager to try out their English. Please pray God will draw people to her and to Himself!
Matt & Jonna & kids - Central Asia
Please keep Matt & Jonna in prayer as they continue here in the USA on furlough. It is their first rest in many years! Pray for God's blessing and Him to gently lead them as they pray through future plans to return to Central Asia.
- for "Sara" (names changed for security reasons), who recently contacted Matt & Jonna to say she would like to follow Isa (Jesus)! Jonna built a relationship with her as she bought Sara's honey at a local grocery store, and was gradually able to share about God, His love, and our need for a mediator. Jonna shared about God's plan to save us through the blood of Jesus. Recently, Sara left a message saying, "I am in Jesus!"
- for "Jerry", who met Matt & Jonna when he was growing up in an orphanage several years ago. He currently serves in the military. When he reached out recently, Matt & Jonna were able to share some scriptures with him about the need for repentance and a Savior and about God's love and plan to bring us back to Himself through the sacrifice of Jesus. Jerry is going through a very difficult season. Through many conversations and messages and prayers, God's kindness led Jerry to confession and repentance. After Matt offered to have other believers pray for him, Jerry had a vision of himself standing in the middle of a circle, surrounded by other believers who were fighting for and protecting him!
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Ephesians 6:18
- that God will continue to direct Matt & Jonna's steps. "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11
- that God will comfort and strengthen Sara, as she has been harshly treated and is being pressured by her family to recant and return to Islam. Please ask the Father of mercy and God of all grace to strengthen her faith and give her supernatural power to endure and stand and cling to Jesus. Pray for her family and friends to see the love, power, and grace of Jesus through Sara's life. "We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many." 2 Corinthians 1:8b-11
- that God will help Jerry as he fights many bad habits and loneliness he has experienced for most of his life. Please ask the Father who adopts weak and ungodly people like us to draw near to Jerry and strengthen his faith and give him supernatural victory. Pray for his younger brother and other lost friends to see God's love, power, and grace through Jerry.
- "Danny" continues to learn about God, and got together for Christmas with some of his football team. One of Matt's friends shared the Good News with those who came. Please pray the seeds will find good soil in the hearts of those who heard. Ask God that all the guys and their families will be able to see Jesus for who He really is and will be brought to repentance and worship.
Mike Parks - Northern Iraq & Lebanon
We continue to praise God for Mike Parks, who ministers in relief and development in Northern Iraq & Lebanon.
Praises from 2020:
- Mike and his team were able to deliver food, medicine, clothing, and hygiene items to Yazidi refugees in Northern Iraq and Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- They were also able to help refugee children go to school through funding and school supplies.
- God allowed them to take in high-quality seeds to feed families and produce crops that can be sold in the market.
- They received approval from the Minister of Education to start a new private school in Sulemani, Kurdistan (Northern Iraq).
- Please pray for Khalil, a Lebanese team member who recently lost his wife to Covid. Khalil is a very compassionate and protective man and has used his experience in security to protect and help Mike and his team. He is grieving deeply.
- For the 1,000 wheelchairs they are ready to distribute in Beirut, Lebanon. Covid, a full lockdown, holidays, and various bureaucratic hurdles have slowed distribution, but Mike and his team are ready to distribute them. Pray for God's perfect timing!
Cross Centered Records - Local Outreach
On February 26, Cross Centered Records will be featured at "Concert For A Cause". This event is to promote youth violence awareness & prevention. Come expecting a fun night of worship and high energy music plus praying for our youth and encouraging them to live a life of excellence. Email Isaiah at email@example.com to volunteer or for more information!
Pray for the Persecuted Church
With the arrival of the new year, resolve now to pray regularly for persecuted Christians in 2021. Here are five specific ways you can pray:
• Pray that persecuted believers will be filled with joy and peace that results in overflowing hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
• Thank God for their faithful testimony as it inspires Christians around the world to boldness and faithfulness. (Romans 1:8–10)
• Pray that God will comfort believers who are experiencing troubles so the comfort of Christ will overflow into the lives of others. (2 Corinthians 1:3–7)
• Pray that God will strengthen their hearts, causing their love for one another and for their persecutors to increase and overflow. (1 Thessalonians 3:9–13)
• Pray that those who are enemies of the gospel and persecutors of God’s people will experience Christ’s love and be reconciled to God. (Romans 5:10)
Calvary Worship Center Missions
If you'd like to be a part of what God is doing in Missions through Calvary Worship Center, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-632-3311!