September 10, 2021
We are headed into the first full week of the 2021-2022 school year. Our students have settling in to their routines and getting back into the swing of things. In no time at all, September will be gone. With that said, we'd like to give a huge "THANK YOU" to the IB a Parent UAIS Boosters. The Boosters graciously provided lunch for this year's Freshman Orientation and look forward to supporting the mighty Phoenix with a delicious tailgate party and face decorating table at the Powderpuff game September 25th! You can support the Boosters with your suggested annual $50 donation payable at http://www.uaisboosters.com, dining out on October 6th at Chipotle (see flyer below) or partnering with the Boosters by joining their next meeting on Tuesday, September 14th at 7 p.m. in the Media Center. However you choose to support the Boosters, they welcome you and invite you to come join them!
We are making plans for Picture Make-up Day, college applications and fall testing. Details are provided below.
Picture Make-up Day is scheduled for Thursday, September 16th. If your student missed Picture Day on Sept. 7th, this is their final opportunity to take an official school photo for their ID and the 2021-2022 yearbook. This is also the date scheduled for our seniors to take their FORMAL photo for the yearbook and senior composite. Please remind your senior to "dress to impress" for Thursday's session. Kaiser Studios will be here from 11:00 a.m. until dismissal to photograph UAIS students, so please plan accordingly. If you purchased a picture packet, but aren't satisfied with your student's photo from Sept. 7th or Sept. 16th, a Retake Day will be scheduled for mid October or November.
ALL UCS students are required to wear their school ID daily. If your student is not wearing his/her ID, a replacement ID can be purchased for $5. Lanyards may also be purchased for $1-$2. Fines will be added to a student's account if they do not have the money at the time of replacement.
College Application Update
We are off to a great start with the college application process this year. Mrs. Fitzsimonds has been in the TOK classes to share with students some important first steps in this process. Students have been given informational resources for help throughout this process. This is a very busy and exciting time for seniors. If you’d like to check and make sure your student is on track, here are some things they should be working on at this point.
- Joining the Seniors 2022 Schoology Class for instructions and updates regarding college apps. The code to join was emailed to seniors.
- Sign up for a Senior meeting with their counselor. (A-M Fitzsimonds N-Z DeVuyst).
- Set up a Common App account and Match this with Naviance (if using common app).
- Request letters of Recommendation in Navinace.
- Request transcripts in Naviance
Fall Testing...Mark your calendars for these important dates.
- UAIS freshmen will be taking the PSAT 9 October 28, 2021.
- UAIS sophomores and juniors will be taking the PSAT/NMSQT October October 13, 2021. Only juniors who meet the eligibility requirements may qualify for a National Merit Scholarship. Sophomores are NOT eligible.
- UAIS seniors will have another opportunity to take the SAT October 28, 2021. This is the SAT without essay.
- Information regarding schedule modifications during these district-wide test administrations will be provided soon.
UCS Device Insurance Enrollment Deadline
This is a reminder....the final date to enroll in the UCS device insurance program for the 2021-2022 school year is Friday, September 10, 2021. For more details about this optional program, please visit www.uticak12.org/device.
UCS Dress Code
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
The Monday Moments can be found at the UCS Wellness website. The UCS Wellness page also provides additional information to support the social and emotional well-being of everyone during this challenging time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please click on the buttons below to view more valuable information for GLK-UAIS.