Hive Accommodation bryce govus

WEEK 1

As a group we discussed the issues for users with current apps and what features we could introduce within our app that may fix these issues. As a group we also came up with personas. A typical target audience for our app and any issues thy may have. With the app being for students and landlords we decided to have 2 landlord personas and 2 student personas.

WEEK 2

I deconstructed and created a site map of another website. Pads For Students, which is a similar type of site as the app I am designing. After seeing how their website was laid out I asked what improvements could be made. So the next task was card sorting. Taking each heading of each of my screens wrote them onto cards and made had testers made a solution to how they feel what order the place them in. After photographing them I used that information to create my own outcome. I then created my own site map which I felt made improvements to the app I was designing. Based off my site map i created paper prototypes. Positioning elements on my screen. I then got 3 people to test out my paper prototypes to see if the navigation of the app was suitable. After this I made several changes to my app layout.

WEEK 3

After the feedback I received I had a final layout concept for my app. I made digital wireframes on Adobe Illustrator. This helped me visualise the layout of my app and made the necessary changes.

WEEK 4 & 5

I then moved onto the design on the product itself. I created 2 A2 mood boards each made up of visual elements to help add to the interface. I used a variety of images, some for the texture, and others I was inspired by the colours. I then created 2 A3 style tiles both were in response of my mood boards. I came up with 2 different ideas however I felt the colour orange was my favoured for my app. I then used the hexagon pattern, inspired by bee hives. With bee hives being the nest (home) of the bees, I felt it was a good connection and adds another meaning to the site. So thats where the name Hive Accommodation came from.

WEEK 6

I was to create 2 presentation mock ups both consisting of 3 screens each to show how the app would look in someones hands. The mock ups were then annotated.

WEEK 7 & 8

I chose a final concept idea which was the Hive Accommodation. I then developed 12 screens which was then saved as a pdf. I then put the pdf file into the invision app. Which makes working prototypes by adding buttons to screens and adding transitions to make it an interactive app.

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.