Set on the stunning white beaches of Riviera Maya, UNICO 20°87° immerses guests in the culture of the region, from the locally-inflected cocktails and cuisines, to the art in the rooms. Three unique pools and a holistic spa and wellness center drive home a sense of relaxed luxury, while exciting pop-up events insert a touch of spontaneity into the experience.
Redefining all-inclusive means creating an entirely new kind of immersive experience, one that offers an unfiltered view of modern Mexico and a deep connection to the region.
Meet modern Mexico face-to-face
UNICO 20°87°, an adults only all inclusive hotel, is the newest addition of RCD Hotels. It was born out of a desire to create an entirely new category of all-inclusive—one defined by relaxed luxury and cultural immersion. At UNICO 20°87°, you’ll meet modern Mexico face-to-face and experience rare access to the region’s most exciting locales and lesser known wonders.
Location is at the heart of the UNICO 20°87° experience. That’s why we’ve put the latitude and longitude of the region in the hotel name—20°N 87°W. These coordinates are representative, not only of UNICO 20°87°’s devotion to its location, but also its ambition to immerse guests in the region’s beauty and culture. Through a staff of local experts, guides, artisans, and specialists, UNICO 20°87° is able to showcase the true heart of the Riviera Maya.
All Inclusive Redefined
At UNICO 20°87° Hotel Riviera Maya we embrace the local, from the food and drink, to the spa treatments, to a selection of curated adventures. There is no lack for comfort, with custom bath amenities, a fully equipped fitness center, 24-hour room service, and a personal Anfitrión—replacing the traditional butler service—to serve as your local host. It’s a completely new standard for the all-inclusive vacation.
Alcoba Ocean View
Incorporating clean lines and natural materials, the spacious Alcoba Ocean View offers unobstructed views of the ocean, an outdoor spa tub and exterior lounging area where you can relax and enjoy the stunning panorama. Touches of sisal rope and hand-crafted local pieces are prominent design elements, helping to give the space a modern sensibility.
Ocean View. Total square footage includes the terrace.
Alcoba Swim-up Pool
Warm and elegant, with hand-crafted touches, the Alcoba Swim-Up Pool offers an ideal setting of relaxed luxury with an exterior swim-up pool and elevated lounge chairs. Art features by local artists and accent pieces fabricated from local materials help curate a contemporary impression of the region.
Pool or Tropical View. Total square footage includes the terrace.
Eat + Drink
- Mi Carisa Restaurant - Mi Carisa is a love letter to the romantic coastlines and flavors of the Mediterranean. UNICO 20°87°'s most elevated dining experience, Mi Carisa focuses on the traditions and practices of coastal Italian cuisine. That culinary heritage is most deeply honored in the form of a beautiful wood-burning oven, imparting a wonderful smoky flavor to everything that passes through it. The warm, intimate setting lets each bite convey a sincere affection for the coastal Italian kitchen.
- Cueva Siete - Named for the seven origin caves of Mayan mythos, Cueva Siete—or Cave Seven—derives its inspiration from all that is Yucatecan. This regionally focused concept aims to harness the mysticism and reverence of Mayan culture, serving dishes deeply rooted in Mexican flavors and traditions. Cueva Siete is unique as a strong, chef-driven concept where the chef will be rotated every so often. First to take the reins is former Top Chef Mexico contestant, Christian Bravo with a distinguished take on both familiar, and lesser known, Mexican dishes.
- Mura House - While Mura House draws flavors and techniques from throughout Asia, with a concentration on Japan, its cuisine is guided by three principles: the harmony of flavor, precision through preparation, and quality of ingredients. The restaurant aims to achieve a balance between tradition and uniqueness by bringing together three different styles of Japanese cuisine-teppanyaki, yakitori and sushi.
- 20.87 Restaurant - Incorporating the hotel’s coordinates into its name, Restaurant 20.87—the hotel's casual beachside venue—aims to capture the heart of the UNICO 20°87° experience. The dining experience is fitting with a concept that shifts throughout the day: from a bountifully diverse morning buffet—think fresh juices, eggs to order, and house-baked Mexican pastries—to a classic grill in the evenings, serving up choice cuts of steak and fish.
Lounges & Bars
Meticulously crafted cocktails and a selection of top shelf spirits can be found at both lounges while the café sports a variety of juice creations. The energy shifts as the evening darkens to night with live performances, late-night snacks, and one-of-a-kind programming.
- Inez Cafe - is UNICO 20°87°’s own take on European café culture: an important social gathering setting, often a stopping off point in between activities. A way to refuel, rejuvenate and recharge. Fresh juices, coffee, tea and baked goods are served in the morning while the menu transitions to sandwiches, paninis and meal-sized salads for lunch and dinner.
- Palmera Lounge - When Prohibition took hold, the thirsty took off. Many of the best bartenders left for Cuba and the vibrant lure of its nightlife, triggering a Cuban cocktail renaissance. There was glamour, plenty of local rum, and world-class cigars. Palmera Lounge picks up where this intoxicating storyline leaves off: a new take on the classic, high energy Cuban clubs of the 40s with expertly crafted cocktails, bright, inviting design, boisterous live entertainment, and a cigar bar.
- Bar Balam - is UNICO 20°87°’s day through night cocktail bar, radiating warmth, while calling to mind the mystique of hidden-door cocktail dens of yore. Balam (which translates to jaguar in Mayan) is a powerful spirit in the ancient Mayan tradition a divine symbol of strength and a protector of fields. This sense of strength and boldness infuses the drinks which present an insightful Mexican take on classic cocktail tradition.