1. Its is to creating atmosphere or accompanying the theatre
2. The earliest example is moving only and no sound
3. Silent Era
4. Jazz singer starring Al Jolson
5. Overtures at the beginning of films and music for closing titles to reinforce mood and remind viewer of main themes.
6. Casablanca in 1942
7. Pop tunes, classical music, jazz,electronic music.
2. Bagpipes melodic was jagged.
3. Tin whistle smooth, flow, shrill
4. Timpani, Bass drum, Cymbals, Tambourine.The tambourine provided constant rhythm. THe Timpani