- Some plastic items may take over 1,000,000 years to disintegrate. Why don't we just recycle?
- Only about 60% of paper products are recycled. (this should be way more)
- They always have trash cans in public areas but never recycling bins.
- To help keep recyclable products out of trash cans, we can get recycling bins in or cafeteria.
- Toxic fumes like Sulfide and Ammonia can be very toxic.
- They can burn your skin, eyes, and throat.
- Landfills also release 1/4 of all methane.
- Carbon Dioxide is also let out of landfills.
- Carbon Dioxide can cause death, unconsciousness, and convulsions. A convulsion is a sudden, violent, irregular movement of a limb or the body.
- All these fumes also cause air pollution.
- Global Warming
- Animals/People could die or get sick
- Toxic fumes are released
- Soil contamination (if we don't plant crops we don't eat)
- Land Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Fires (50% of all smokers throw their cigarette butts on the ground where is could start more problems like fires.
Pie Chart of Pollution
Recyclable and reusable things.
- Food Scraps- leftover food
- Yard Trimmings- grass, leaves,
- Wood-tree trunks, sticks
How to tell if something is recyclable or not.
- People need to stop using the excuse "I didn't know it was recyclable."
- You can check the bottom of the container or wrapper it comes in.
Examples (everyday items)
- Pop cans, Soup cans, etc.
- Corrugated Cardboard (boxes you would get in the mail)
- Cereal Boxes
- Tissue Boxes
- Plastic Bottles
Don't Recycle These!!
- Plastic Bags
- Waxy* Milk and Juice Containers
*They normally are not wax coated.
Please tell your parents to help this now! It is a serious issue and is only getting worse. Recycle!