Retail Points are a declining balance account; they add flexibility and convenience to your meal plan.
- One Retail Point is valued at one dollar
- Budgeting is required
- Accepted at all on-campus dining locations (NOTE: Some locations are Retail Points only)
- Retail Point balances roll from fall to spring semester but not the next academic year
- Meals-to-go or dine-in
- Options include cafes, local dining destinations and convenience stores
- Favorites include sushi, smoothies, burritos, crepes, bagel sandwiches, and UVM ice cream!
Can I add Retail Points to my account?
- Yes! Visit UVMdining.com "Shop Now"
- The balance of any additional Retail Points added roll semester to semester, year to year as long as you are at UVM
Food Allergies & Intolerances
We know that some students have food allergies or intolerances. If this is true for you, we highly encourage you to contact our Registered Dietitian, so we know how best to accommodate you.
Explore Your Options!
If you find yourself stuck in a rut, explore all the dining locations at UVM and what they have to offer.
- With your meal plan, you have access to any of the traditional dining halls
- Use your Retail Points at any one of our retail locations
- Try something new that you've never experienced before
Do you offer vegan and vegetarian menu options?
Yes. Our vegetarian and vegan menu items are indicated with a "V" for vegetarian or "VG" for vegan. Mindful our healthy choice offering, is shown with a heart-shaped apple (see below).
Be a Navigator!
Hungry and short on time? Navigate dining like a pro!
- Use your Retail Points to pick up a meal-to-go
- Use our mobile food ordering app
- Stop at a convenience store and pick up a meal or snack for later
- Visit UVMdining.com or our Bite App for hours, and menus (hours and menus vary from dining location to dining location)
UVM Dining Apps and Digital Resources
At UVM we pride ourselves on our sustainability initiatives and programs, including our Vermont First program. Vermont First is our commitment to purchasing from local producers within Vermont plus 30 miles.
Real Food Challenge
We also track our humane, fair-trade, organic, and local food purchases through our participation in the national Real Food Challenge. We are proud to report that 26% of our purchases are "Real Food". Both of these commitments have led us to develop numerous partnerships with local farmers and producers, who often visit the campus for tastings and special events like our Cheese and Dairy Fest.
UVM Farmers Market, October 2019