Let's breakdown the meal plan further...
What's a Meal Swipe?
Click on the video to learn more about how "Meal" swipes work
Traditional Dining Halls...
- You can dine-in (with occupancy limits) or get a meal to-go via mobile ordering
- Dining spaces varying in sizes, each with their own unique layout
- Feature similar stations that serve a varied daily menu
- A variety of seating options
Retail Points are a declining balance account; they add flexibility and convenience to your meal plan.
- One Retail Point is valued at one dollar
- Budgeting is required
- Accepted at all on-campus dining locations (some locations are Retail Points only)
- Retail Point balances roll from fall to spring semester but not the next academic year
- Meals-to-go or dine-in
- Options include cafes, local dining destinations and convenience stores
- Favorites include sushi, smoothies, burritos, crepes, bagel sandwiches, and UVM ice cream!
- Used to treat a friend to a meal in the traditional dining halls.
Can I add Retail Points to my account?
- Yes! The balance of any additional Retail Points added roll semester to semester, year to year as long as you are at UVM
Check out our Campus Dining Updates and FAQs on our website for more info about our meal plans, mobile ordering, and more!
Food Allergies & Intolerances
We know that some students have food allergies or intolerances. If this is true for you, we highly encourage you to contact our Registered Dietitian, so we know how best to accommodate you.
Explore Your Options!
If you find yourself stuck in a rut, explore all the dining locations at UVM and what they have to offer.
- With your meal plan, you have access to any of the traditional dining halls
- Use your Retail Points at any one of our retail locations
- Try something new that you've never experienced before
Vegan and Vegetarian Options
Across campus, our vegetarian and vegan menu items are indicated with a "V" for vegetarian or "VG" for vegan. Mindful, our healthy choice offering that meets specific nutrient criteria, is shown with a heart-shaped apple.
Be a Navigator!
Hungry and short on time? Navigate dining like a pro!
- Use your Retail Points to pick up a meal-to-go
- Use Bite Universities, our mobile food ordering app, for a to-go meal from our traditional dining halls or retail locations. Mobile orders from the traditional dining halls allows for one entree and two sides
- Stop at a convenience store and pick up a meal or snack for later
- Visit UVMdining.com or our Bite Universities App to view menus and hours