**A list of current community services available can be found in the OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY section of today's newsletter.
weekly school News
1. #thankfulThursday: The office staff would like your help in recognizing our staff. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A positive comment submitted:
A big thank you to our students, parents, and staff for adjusting to a new model of learning. It hasn't been without a few bumps, but overall everybody is taking it in stride and working well together!
2. Extended E-Learning Information:
In light of the governor's announcement yesterday, GC has modified its E-learning calendar. Please see below for details.
*All schedules are subject to changes in response to recommendations from the Indiana Department of Education
Blue (Related Arts) Days and Gold (Non-Related Arts Days) are represented by the appropriate color on this calendar. Please be sure to check in Google Classroom for Related Arts class assignments on Blue Days.
We trust that this week has gone well for you and your family. We continue to wish you health and safety during these unusual times. Teachers have been working hard to grow in the area of engaging eLearning. They have shared that they enjoyed connecting with and seeing students this week. Thanks for all you are doing to partner with us to keep the students engaged and supported. Parents, we are cheering you on, just as you always do for us! As a reminder, your teachers will continue to be available during their identified office hours and on email and messaging apps that they already use to deliver information and content.
Next week, (4/6 - 4/10), new learning opportunities will be made available for students and families on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. No new content/opportunities will be pushed out on Tuesday or Thursday, but teachers will maintain office hours that will be communicated to you by your teacher.
3. Food Service Meal Kits: For the time being, this service will continue on Mondays. Please see the flyer below for more information on this opportunity for GC families.
4. Tech Support: If you need tech support for your child's device, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the student's name, school, and tech issue. The tech department will respond by Google Meet, email, phone, or possibly appointment, if the issue cannot be fixed remotely.
5. Virtual Learning Confidentiality Statement:
6. Hancock County Public Library: Wifi and eBooks
- WiFi: the Hancock County Public Library has extended their Wifi into the parking lot of the library here in Greenfield. Feel free to use this service as you social distance.
- Students have a digital library card and can access all of our online resources at https://hcplibrary.org/.
- Click on the Online Resources, Reference and Research, Teens, and Kids tabs to see everything available.
- Librarians are available Monday - Friday on our instant message chat from 12-5 p.m. to answer your questions.
7. AskRose Homework Help: This may be an even more important resource in light of our current situation. Trained Rose-Hulman tutors provide free help to students in math and science. This support is available Sunday-Thursday, 7pm to 10pm (877-Ask-Rose), and they have now added the hours of 12pm-3pm to accommodate e-learning needs.
8. Cancelled MIS Events:
- Onsite learning through the end of the 2019-20 school year
- Standardized testing: IREAD, ILEARN and IAM (local assessments such as NWEA and weekly tests will be decided later)
- Any onsite events or field trips at Maxwell until the building reopens
9. Assistance Request: If you need assistance or have a concern, please contact your child's teacher, our school social worker, the assistant principal or the principal. Phone calls to MIS are not currently being answered. Please use the link below for staff email addresses or utilize your teacher's messaging system.
10. Quarter 3 Report Card: There has been a slight adjustment to the Q3 Report Cards Reporting Schedule. These will now be posted to the Parent Portal on Monday, April 6, 2020.
11. Current 5th Grade Student Music Information:
Choir: Please click here to sign up for 6th grade choir. Signing up now is important so that we can start building class schedules for next year.
Band: Mrs. Basso has created the list of interested students. We will work on rescheduling the instrument testing once things return to "normal".
12. Digital Citizenship: With learning taking place from home, students may be more likely to spend additional non-educational time on their electronic devices. We are providing parents and guardians with a few useful tips in regards to internet and social media safety.
13. Camp Invention: At this time, the 2020 camp is still planned for July 13-17th at J.B. Stephens Elementary from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost per child is $235. The camp is for children entering grade K-6. If you have questions or need more information, please contact Mrs. Lisa Leliaert at email@example.com.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS