Why Corporate Travel Management is Vital
In 2020, managing travel is vital for every type of company, from small family owned business to fortune-50 corporations. If you have employees who travel, you need to be utilizing instant and precise, cost saving travel data services.
A well-managed travel program can save companies 15% to 20% on employee travel. When you have other tasks that are already consuming your time, learning and mastering a complex logistics system is something you should leave to the experts and we are here to keep you on-task and worry-free.
A managed travel program balances the needs of the individual traveler with the goals of the company. It governs how employees purchase travel so that they enjoy a level of comfort and convenience while the company controls costs and meets their duty of care obligations.
Using a Travel Management Company (TMC) such as Galactic is a key building block of a managed travel program. A dedicated relationship with a professional partner helps an organization control their travel costs and identify areas ripe for negotiated rates, as well as provide travelers with booking autonomy and assistance during travel disruptions.
- Boutique service from Travel Consultants – GALACTIC Travel Consultants are not timed or pressured to rush your travelers and arrangers.
- 79% of travelers prefer to book their travel on their smartphone – Galactic will provide an online booking channel available in App format.
- Peace of mind with 24/7 emergency after hours service.
- Streamline bookings - 44% of surveyed business travelers say they spend up to an hour or more booking a trip with an average time reading reviews on hotel and lodging solutions taking 20 minutes.
- access to GALACTIC’s wholesale fares that could save hundreds to thousands of dollars on Business Class tickets, may be especially effective for Quarterly India trips.
- Repricing of tickets within a 24-hour ticket voiding window. GALACTIC will watch to see if a lower fare becomes available after ticketing for both Agent and Online bookings.
- On average 10% of a company’s airline tickets are unused or exchanged. The average cost to a company is 3-7% of travel spend. Galactic will provide a monthly report of remaining tickets and assist with usage of these.
Duty of Care
- A top reason companies require their travelers to book with the Corporate Travel Management company.
- Galactic provides a proactive traveler tracking system that can track travelers’ location, send emergency alerts, notify travelers of cancellations, delays and more.
- Account Managers will help analyze travel and expense patterns for best program practices.
- Consistent Policy Improvement – Locate areas of weakness in your policy and implement improvements, while weighing the traveler satisfaction.
- Assistance accessing and negotiating with air, car and hotel suppliers for preferred agreements.
- Update your company with the latest in travel news for best practice employment.