Director | Josh Tanner. Producer | Jade Van Der Lei.
Cast | Henry Nixon, David Roberts, Tom Usher, James Kearney
- VIMEO STAFF PICK
- WINNER - Best Cinematography - HollyShorts Film Festival 2014
- WINNER - Best Cinematography - FilmQuest Festival 2014
- WINNER - Golden Tripod for Best Cinematography in Short Film - 2014 National ACS Awards
- WINNER - Best Cinematography - SIPFest 2014
- WINNER - Best Short Film - 46th Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival (2015 Academy Awards® Qualifying Win)
- WINNER - Best Foreign Film - 18th LA Shorts Fest (2015 Academy Awards® Qualifying Win)
- WINNER - Best International Short - 38th Cleveland International Film Festival
- WINNER - Youth Jury Award, Best Short - Rhode Island International Film Festival, 2014
- WINNER - Best Short, Screamfest® Horror Film Festival, 2014
- WINNER - Jury Award, Narrative Short - Beverly Hills Film Festival, 2014
- WINNER - Octopus d'Or, Best International Short, Strasbourg International Fantastic Festival, 2014
- WINNER - Best Real Image Short Film, FANCINE, XXIV Fantastic Film Festival of Málaga
- WINNER - Best International Live-Action Short - 10th Fantaspoa International Fantastic Film Festival
- WINNER - Best Of Fest & Best Sci-Fi Short - FilmQuest Festival 2014
- WINNER - Best Narrative Short (50 minutes or less) 2013 IPAF ATOM Awards
- WINNER - Best Director, Rhode Island International Horror Film Festival, 2014
- WINNER - Best International Short Film, 38th Cleveland International Film Festival
- WINNER - Best Short Fiction Film (50 minutes or less), 2013 IPAF ATOM AWARDS
- Nominated in 9 festivals around the world, including, Warsaw, Austin and Flickerfest.
- OFFICIAL SELECTION IN OVER 34 FESTIVALS Worldwide.
THE VIDEO DATING TAPE OF DESMONDO RAY, AGED 33 & 3/4
Director | Steve Baker. Producer | Steve Baker, Laura Mustchin. Exec Prod | Andrew Wareham
Cast | Steve Baker, Bill Waters.
- NOMINATED: AACTA Awards 2015 (Australian Academy Cinema Television Arts) - Best Short Animation
- Vimeo staff Pick
- SXSW (2014)
- WINNER - LA Comedy Shorts Film Festival (2014) - Best Comedy Animated Short
- WINNER - Chicago International REEL Shorts Film Festival (2014) - Best Animation
- WINNER - Chain NYC Film Festival (2014) - Original Ideas Award
- Official Selection in over 19 Festivals Worldwide, including, Dendy (Runner Up), St Kilda, Flickerfest, Philadelphia, Tulsa
Director | Stephen Kanaris. Producer | Tanhee McGuire. Exec Prod
Cast | Russel Dykstra, Anita Hegh, Wesley Ambler.
- BEST FILM, 10th ShowFest Int. Film festival, 2013.
- AUDIENCE AWARD, 10th ShowFest Int. Film festival, 2013.
- BEST SHORT FILM - GASFF - 21st Delphi Bank Greek Film Festival
- FINALIST - 18th Canberra Short Film Festival, 2013.
- BEST PERFORMANCE - 18th Canberra Short Film Festival, 2013.
- FINALIST - 24th ATOM Awards
- OFFICIAL SELECTION - 29th Interfilm Berlin, 2013.
- OFFICIAL SELECTION - Brisbane International Film Festival, 2013
- IN COMPETITION - Leeds International film Festival, 2013
- IN COMPETITION - Flickerfest International Film Festival, 2014
- IN COMPETITION - Byron Bay International Film Festival, 2014
- FINALIST - West End Film Festival, 2014
- IN COMPETITION - Brussells International Short Film Festival, 2014
- OFFICIAL SELECTION - St Kilda Film Festival, 2014
Director | Stephen Lance & Miari Cameron
Cast | Gwyn Dixon, Natascha Yantsch, Krista MacDonald, T.J. Moore
Director | Priscilla Cameron, Producers > Priscilla Cameron, Bridgett Callow, Heather Phillips.
Cast | Dylan McLean, Carol Baker, Jazz Duboir, Jason Hayes.
- Golden Tripod for Best Cinematography in Short Film - 2013 National ACS Awards
10 DAYS TO DIE
Director | Casie Coddington (co-director), Elaine Niessner (co-director), Michael Sergi, Producers | Brian Bigg, Patrick Creamer, Michael Sergi, Grantlin Perkins.
Cast | Claire Bowen, Natalie Hoflin, Jason Smith.
- Gold Coast Film Festival 2010
Director | Sio Tusa Fa ʻaaefili. Producer | Andrew Arbuthnot. Screen Australia/PFTC/La La Pictures
Cast | Tasia Zalar, Rachel Maza, Naomi Bowly, Kyas Sherriff.
- Australian Cinematographer’s Society Awards (QLD)
- Imaginative FF (Toronto) 2009 - BEST NEW TALENT
- Aotearoa FF (New Zealand) 2009
- Message Sticks Indigenous FF 2009
TV Series | 10x60min EPS | 2nd Unit/B-Camera + 3 Days Main Unit DOP in Mark Wareham ACS’s Absence
Directors | Shawn Seet, Garth Maxwell, Tori Garrett. Producers | Tracey Robertson, Nathan Mayfield, David Taylor, David Maher, Sue Seeary | Hoodlum/Playmaker, Fox8
Cast | Gracie Gilbert, Adele Perovic, Emily Robins, Ben Schumann, Brenton Thwaites, Lincoln Lewis, Rebecca Frith, Damon Gameau, Anthony Hayes.
Feature | 2nd Unit/B-Camera
A HEARTBEAT AWAY
Director | Gale Edwards. Producers | Chris Fitchett.
Feature | 2nd Unit/B-Camera
Director | Peter Duncan. Producers | Cathy Overett, Anton Smit.
Feature | 2nd Unit/B-Camera
2006 48 SHADES
Director | Daniel Lapaine. Producer | Rob Marsala
In addition to this selected credit list, Jason has shot over 30 Short Films.
Jason has recently shot for Directors Psyop (NYC) in New York City, creating entirely the new stylised opening sequence for the famed children's tv show - Sesame Street, on the 4K Phantom.
Recently Jason was asked to shoot for Directors Psyop (NYC) through TempoMedia Berlin, for a campaign in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I’ve been shooting commercials for the past 14 years. Here is a fraction of some of these:
U.S. Cellular, Sesame Street Workshop, Telekom Europe, Gourmet Garden, Subway, Lite n Easy, Eagleboys, Weis, Lenards Chicken, Spring Valley Lamb, Bundaberg Ginger Beer, Bundaberg Lemon, Lime & Bitters, Dell Computers, Vaalia, Suncorp, CUA, Heritage Bank, Bank of QLD, QLD Health, Gold Lotto, Nike, Fiji Ariways, Ladbrokes, QLD Transport, Michael Hill, Ergon Energy, QLD Police, Comvita, Air Asia X, Ostellin, Griffith University, Ford, Fox Sports, Cenovis, Southern Cross Credit Union, RACQ, Goodstart, MovieWorld, Dreamworld, SBS TV, Pine-O-Clean, Mater Hospital, Sydney Aquarium.
Jason Hargreaves ACS began his cinematography career as a teenager shooting wedding videos on weekends. It was during this time that he started attending Australian Cinematographer’s Society information evenings and became inspired to focus his energies into becoming a cinematographer.
In 1996 he enrolled into the Queensland College of Arts, Bachelor of Screen Production. Whilst at university Jason gained valuable experience working for Sam Simpson from Matched Image pulling cables, camera assisting, sound recording and auto cue operating. In 1999 he was accepted into the Master of Arts in Cinematography course at the Australian Film, Television and Radio School where he worked with directors including Cate Shortland and Sean Byrne.
After completing formal studies in 2001 Jason returned to Brisbane and began working primarily in documentary. Shooting documentaries for the ABC and SBS took him around Australia and parts of the world. It was this experience in documentary that gave him invaluable skills in working with and manipulating available light, as well as gaining the invaluable ability of poetic story telling on the run.
From Documentary, Jason's career then branched out into Drama, Television commercials and Music Videos. This move has allowed him to further develop his creative and honest approach to lighting and shooting allowing him to explore his passion for the craft of filmmaking. During the last 11 years, Jason has photographed countless commercials and has shot music videos for artists including the Living end, Kate Miller Heidki, Darren Hayes and Megan Washington.
In 2012 Jason gained his accreditation with the Australian Cinematographer's Society, the highest honour the ACS can bestow upon it's members which allows him to use the letters ACS after his name.
Jason has won over 40 awards for his Cinematography. He continues to forge connections with new collaborators and is inspired by the awesome people he loves to work with every day.
Master of Arts (Cinematography) Australian Film Television & Radio School (Sydney) 2000
Bachelor of Arts (Screen Prod.) Griffith University 1998
Acting For Directors - Short Course (AFTRS) 2008
Directing Actors - Short Course (AFTRS) 2008