What is Padlet?
Padlet is a virtual wall where people can collaborate or an individual can use it to organize to-do lists or share their thoughts and ideas.
How do I sing up for Padlet?
- Go to www.padlet.com
- Click "Sign Up"
- Choose to sign in with a Google account or with your Facebook account. (For education purposes, it is best to sign in with a Google account)
- The next question asks if you are a teacher or not a teacher. Click the option that applies to you.
How do I create a Padlet?
- After completing the steps above, click "MAKE A PADLET"
- From here you can title your Padlet, change the background, and add the privacy settings you want for your Padlet.
- Once you have completed Step 2, you can now add posts to your Padlet wall by simply clicking anywhere on the page.
- On your posts, you can add images, videos, links, and text.
How can Padlet be used by teachers and students?
The possibilities are really endless. Here are a few:
- Students can post answers to a question posted by the teacher. The students will be able to see each others posts and collaborate with each other.
- Teachers can share ideas with other teachers on a variety of topics from how they use technology in the classroom to what dish they are bringing to the staff luncheon.
- Students can create their own Padlet to create a wall of their vocabulary words. They can include the word, definition, a picture, and a sentence using the word.
- Students can post questions for the teacher before a test to ask for help on material they may be confused on.
- Teachers can have students write a short reflection on a chapter of a book they are reading in class.
On this Padlet, students can share the books they have read with their classmates.
More Information on Padlet