Lets get to the bottom of this…. If a great tush shot is on your list, I recommend bottoms that show just enough, but not too much. I prefer cheeky or Brazilian bottoms over thongs. Many teddies and body suits are cut in the back to show off some tush. Those are a great option too! (beware of string teddies though – they don’t always flatter!)
Legs Legs Legs – lots of options… We all want long gorgeous legs. Here are a couple of tips for that! Look for high cut undies, teddies, bodysuits. The higher the leg opening the longer your legs will look. Also bring a pair of skin colored shoes with you. That will make your legs look even longer than they are.
Need a lift but don’t want to show too much skin? Bustiers are for you! They offer amazing support while giving you a little more coverage, all while flattering your shape.
How to do coverage, correctly…
Even though boudoir is about shedding layers, I do understand many women don’t want to show too much skin or they are concerned about parts of their body that they might not want to show off. Here are some tips to cover, boudoir style.
- Worried about your tummy? If you are worried about showing your stomach think of shapewear (the gorgeous kind! Not the kind that hurts!), Slips, bustiers and corsets. A beautiful lace robe over a bra and underwear is a great choice. So is a plain white tank top or a fun tee with lacy undies.
- Scars or stretchmarks? If you have some stretch marks or scars look for some more opaque materials, but stick with a style that will still show off your shape – like a bodysuit or a slip. The worst thing you can do is hide behind a lot of fabric – like a babydoll for example. It will only make you look heavier. We want to see your gorgeous shape no matter what you wear or how covered you are.
- Not in love with your arms? Arms are sometimes a concern for women. Let’s ease your worries! Look for long sleeved body suits, a vintage band tee, or throw a crisp white button down over some killer lingerie. Presto - no worry needed.
Please bring at least one pair of black and one skin colored heel with you. No ankle straps please. If you want to bring more shoes, fantastic!! Just keep in mind, the higher the heel – the better!!
Feel free to bring any jewelry you might want to wear. I can help you choose what looks nice with your outfit and what will flatter depending on the poses that we are going to work with. I suggest cleaning pieces you're bringing too!
If you want to bring a prop or two to show off your interests and personality, that’s great. Just be careful that it doesn’t get too costume like. Less is always more. Please email me before your session to let me know what props you're bringing so I'm prepared (email@example.com).
Most colors work really well in camera. Some that do not include fluorescent colors and sometimes red and turquoise. If you like red, look for a deeper red – something not too bright. Black is always classic and looks great on everyone.
Where to Shop
- Northwest Bras: Port Angeles & Sequim area ladies, I highly suggest Northwest Bras in Sequim! They are a lovely, incredibly knowledgeable group AND they're graciously offering our girls 10% off purchases. Just mention that you're shopping for your boudoir session with me to receive your discount.
- Torrid: This is a fabulous place to shop if you're curvy or plus sized! Try in store (closest location is Silverdale) or online at www.torrid.com
- Asos: So many fun options for all sizes! www.asos.com
- Forever 21: Super well priced and lots of beautiful options, they have great options for all sizes (be sure to check their bodysuits out!). They have a much larger selection online than in store. www.forever21.com
- Victoria's Secret: We can't leave Vicky out! Keep in mind that VS is geared more towards xs-l (such a shame!). www.victoriasecret.com
- Boohoo.com: Bodysuits, bras and more at pretty great prices, I'm obsessed with them! Boohoo has all sizes and a great variety for each size! www.boohoo.com
- Agent Provocateur: So think of this site as the go big or go home lingerie shop. They're expensive... but so stunning. Sizes run about the same as Victoria Secret. http://www.agentprovocateur.com/us_en
Always bring more outfits with you than you plan to wear, this way we have options! I also recommend bringing at least one outfit totally out of your comfort zone. You don’t have to wear it, but you just might want to!