If you ordered your student supplies through PackEd, it has been delivered to your child's classroom. If you are unsure if you ordered through PackEd or not, please contact Kerry at the office and she can tell you.
If you choose to purchase your own school supplies, below, you will find the 2021-2022 supply list for Grades K-4. Preschool students will have supplies provided for the classroom.
4th Grade Class Set-Up
This year, the 4th grade classes will be departmentalized. The classroom that they have been assigned to is their homeroom class. They will start each day in their homeroom and end each day in their homeroom. Each teacher will be teaching a different subject.
- Ms. Olivia Pride - Reading
- Mrs. Jill Toy - Science/PTW
- Mrs. Shawna Walton - Math
They will also continue to have Specials classes and remediation when needed. If you have questions/concerns about a particular subject, you should contact that specific teacher. All other questions/concerns should be directed to the homeroom teacher.
Elementary Open House
We are hoping to operate as close to normal as possible. The plan is fluid and could change or tighten up at anytime based on guidance from the health department. There are several questions regarding what school is going to look like once we return. Below is a brief summary of common questions.
- Masks - At this time, masks are optional. They may be required if an outbreak occurs.
- Recess - Each grade level will have their own recess time. Students will be able to play with students in their grade.
- Lunchroom - The schedule has been adjusted to minimize the number of students in the cafeteria at one time. Students will be spaced with marked seating for each student.
- Contact Tracing - We will continue to contact trace for students who are within three feet from a positive case for more than 15 minutes.
- Hallways - Hallways will be split in half to allow for one way traffic.
- Water Bottles - Students should bring water bottles to fill up at watering stations. Water fountains will remain shut off.
- Visitors - At this time, visitors in the building will be on approval. Parents will not be allowed to walk students in the first day of school. We will have plenty of support staff to help get students to the correct location.
- COVID Symptoms - If you are experiencing COVID symptoms, please keep your child at home, monitor symptoms, and contact the school nurse.
For more in depth information, our back-to-school plan is located on our school website.
Visitors in Building
We will not be allowing parents/guardians to enter the building on the first day of school. Students will have the opportunity to meet their teachers and see their classrooms at open house on Friday. Due to prior commitments, there are a couple of teachers who will not be able to attend open house, however, there will be another staff member to assist during the open house.
The main entrance to the elementary school will open at 7:45 a.m. for all students. Students who are eating breakfast will report directly to the cafeteria. All other students will report directly to their classrooms.
We will begin dismissing car riders and bus riders at the same time this year. We will load one bus at a time and call for 5-10 car riders at a time. We will begin dismissal at 2:55 p.m. Please refer to car riders procedures below for traffic pattern information. Walkers are dismissed once all cars have cleared, which is around 3:10 p.m.
Car Riders - Arrival/Dismissal
Traffic Pattern 2021-2022 School Year
At Loogootee Elementary School the student drop off and pick up will be the Main Entrance to the building. Entry for this drop off or pick-up will only be from Costello Drive (the road that runs around the playground). Costello Drive will be a one-way road (North to South) from the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Please approach Costello Drive from Butcher Blvd or “A” Street and drive out Wood Street. Please do not wait on Butcher Blvd to make a turn onto Costello Drive if traffic is lined up on Costello Drive.
Car riders that are dropped off in the morning and picked up in the afternoon will use the main entry and will enter and exit vehicles when directed by staff. The goal is to load and unload 6 to 8 vehicles at a time. In order to do this, the first vehicle in line will pull up to the end of the brown ballards/walkway to softball field. The first 6-8 vehicles will then load and unload under Mrs. Wade’s and Mrs. Smith’s supervision. Please use the car line to load and unload your child rather than walking them to the door. For your child’s safety, please have the child exit the vehicle on the school side of the vehicle. Also, for the safety of all children, please make sure to stay in the car line and follow the flow of the traffic. (Do NOT pull out of line)
If you need to visit the Elementary School building during the school day, you may enter from Wood Street and park in a designated/marked spot and then proceed to the main entrance.
Students attending Lion's Den Preschool who are not dropped off or picked up with an older sibling should use Wood Street and park in front of the school for arrival and dismissal. Please make sure to pull up to the first brown ballard to allow for multiple cars to be loaded at the same time.
Car Rider Procedures
Car arrival and dismissal time is a very busy part of the school day. Our goal is to get everyone through the line as quickly and as safely as possible, and we appreciate your help with this. There are a couple things you can do to help.
- Parents/guardians should remain in their vehicles when dropping off or picking up students.
- Please encourage your child to practice buckling up on their own.
- Please also have your child get in next to the curb so they stay out of the traffic as cars pull past.
- In the morning, please pull forward to the first pole to allow a full line of cars to be unloaded.
- After school, please pull forward again. Teachers will call students out to be loaded into cars as parents arrive.
- When the weather is bad, please continue to pull forward to allow a line of cars to be loaded. Teachers will walk students out with umbrellas if needed when it is raining, or call a group to be loaded when the wind chill is too cold this winter to stand outside.
We ask that you be very patient with us the first few weeks of school as it will take a little longer to load and learn vehicles. It is our goal to load students safely and efficiently. Please help us to do so!
Breakfast and lunch will remain free for all students through 2021-2022 school year. Extra items such as milk will be an extra charge of $.50 and will only be allowed if the child has money in their account.
Click the link below to access the August lunch and breakfast menus.
Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook to see all of the great things happening at our schools. If you need assistance with anything contact the office at 812-295-2833.