preliminary visual art 2018
Part A: Study of Art - The Archibald Prize
Part B : Art making - Self Portrait and Artist Statement
- Task Issued: Week 1, Term 3
- Submission Due: Week 8, Term 3
On the completion of this task you will be assessed on your ability to address Syllabus outcomes: P1, P2, P3, P4, P7 and P8. | Refer to Visual Arts course outcomes for further details.
The purpose of this task is to:
- Develop and complete a body of work focused on “portraiture of self ”.
- Develop a practical understanding of practice focused on Portraiture though the investigation of portrait traditions.
- Expose you the student to working with a variety of paint based media through studio practice.
- Identify how other artists use codes, symbols and signs to create meaning in their art making practice
- Begin the process of exploring the potential of you, the artist and your own practice through the lens of the Conceptual Framework.
The Task | Part 1
- Produce a Body of Work, single portrait or series with yourself as the subject, based on the painting style of another artist or art movement. Consider the 'Structural Frame' aspects of composition, colour, tone & line etc, material sensibility and usage in the production of your work.
- Where relevant, be aware of how you apply codes, symbols, signs etc to elaborate concepts and / or develop a narrative in the production of your artwork/s.