preliminary visual art 2018
Part B : Art making - Body of Work based on the traditions of Portraiture.
(Part A: Study of Art - The Archibald Prize Assessment Task issued separately)
- Date Issued: Week 1, Term 3
- Date Due: Week 8, Term 3
On the completion of this task you will be assessed on your ability to address Syllabus outcomes: P1, P2, P3, P4, P7 and P8. | Refer to Visual Arts course outcomes for further details.
The purpose of this task is to:
- Develop and complete a body of work focused on “portraiture of self and / or others”.
- Develop a practical understanding of practice focused on Portraiture though the investigation of portrait traditions.
- Expose you the student to working with a variety of paint baaed media through studio practice.
- Identify how artists use codes, symbols and signs to create meaning in their art making practice
- Begin the process of exploring the potential of you, the artist and your own practice.
- Produce a Body of Work, single portrait or series with either yourself or others as the subject based on the painting style of another artist or art movement. Consider the 'structural frame' aspects of composition, colour, tone & line etc, material sensibility and usage in the production of your work.
- Where relevant be aware of how you apply codes, symbols, signs etc to elaborate concepts and / or develop narrative in the production of your artwork/s.