COVID Safety reminders
- Please complete the Wellness Survey each morning before bringing your child to school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If your child is quarantined due to an extracurricular activity please call the school (682.867.2000) and let us know your student will be virtual for the quarantine time.
- Please complete the wellness survey each day before your child arrives at school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If you arrive to drop your student off in the circle drive or back parking lot and the doors are closed, students will need to enter the front door and have the temperature taken when they enter.
- Have your child ready to exit the car quickly with their backpack, water bottle, and mask each morning.
Mark Your Calendar
- April 12th - Student Holiday
- April 15th - Make-Up/Retake and Kindergarten Picture Day
- April 16th - Field Day
- April 16th - Report Cards
- May 10th - STAAR Math Gr. 3-6
- May 11th - STAAR Reading Gr. 3-6
- May 12th - STAAR Science Gr. 5
- May 17th - Asynchronous Day
- May 19th - Progress Reports Home
- May 26th - Last Day of School
- Virtual Learners: Attending daily Zooms and completing required work is the best way to experience the online learning environment and is crucial to make adequate progress. In order to be counted present, you must attend Zoom(s) and/or complete all daily work.
- Face-to-Face Learners: We have been thankful to have 300+ face-to-face learners each day. When students need to miss school due to illness, quarantine, or appointments, they may choose to attend class via Zoom and/or complete required work in Canvas/Seesaw and be counted present.
- Administration will reach out after 3 unexcused absences to discuss a plan to improve attendance. When a student has 5 unexcused absences, the truancy officer is notified.
- Parents will complete a Change for Instructional Setting Request form when students are required to be quarantined. (please see link below)
- We look forward to the day when we have 100% of our students as face-to-face learners where we can give them our very best and know they are well prepared.
- The student code of conduct book discusses the Texas Attendance Law in more detail. https://www.aisd.net/district/departments/administration/student-behavioral-support-systems/
The Week In Review
We LOVE this part of the weekly newsletter. If you are a virtual learner, we would love to add some photos of your learning as well. Please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will add your photos too!
Created with images by geralt - "coronavirus contact no" • pasja1000 - "spring garden tulips" • JillWellington - "spring bird bird spring" • geralt - "social media icon hand"