Hey Jedi and padawan. i know, this is a weird image, but bear with me
Jesus answered, "I saw you while you were still under the fig tree. I saw you there before Philip called you." John 1:48
Here starts the story of recruiting. But first, start by reading John 1: 35-51.
Seriously, read it :)
No, really, you have to start by reading that. Come on, go for it :)
This passage is basically the beginning of the Jesus' disciples story.
It all started with one person that talks and invites: Andrew.
There are a few quick lessons to learn for this story.
Which you will read in our Jedi academy at the end of this Jedi News!!
We want every team member to serve on Easter.
It's not about guilting someone into serving. NEVER.
It's more about saying stuff like this.
- I love you so much I WANT to serve with you
- I miss you when you're not there, the team misses you in your absence
- I don't want the enemy to rob your blessings
- I know you're worth more than just not showing up
- The kids miss you
- We are incomplete when you're not here with us
- We count on you
- You are such a great person (and say one compliment that you really believe)
- You are an addition to our fighting squad
- Are you ok? We missed you last week.
It's about encouraging them to grow, to engage, to commit to their team, our kids, our families. "The We over Me" lifepoint cultural value.
Easter is our time of battle
Your people willingly follow you when you go into battle. Psalms 110:3 NET
As a coach, your great ministry is to lead your TL to battle, to serve with passion, with the same passion that inhabits you. Yes, that passion I see every week in you.
As a team leader, your great ministry is to lead your squad, your team to battle, to serve with passion. To invite them to come and take their blessing for them, and not leave it to others.
Let us push together, pull together, laugh together, win battles together and enjoy the blessings together
Team leaders OWN your room, your environment. Experiment ministry by your coach's side.
Take your cue
By seeking God FIRST in our day, in the direction we take, and even in our disappointments, we can form the first new habit towards being all that God created us to be.
Go answer ponder these things, for your own growth
- March 26th - VO @ 8:30 & 4pm SHOW UP!!!!! I want everyone to show up and talk to some new recruits.
- March 26th - Family Dedication Service 2:30-3:30 PM
- April 4th - GROW 6:30-8:30 PM
- April 5th - It is my birthday :)
- April 9th - VO @ 8:30 & 4pm SHOW UP!!!!! I want everyone to show up and talk to some new recruits.
Come on coaches, these times are specifically planned for you!!! If you've got another time, ask me. It can be live or by video.
Team Leaders, you can fill in these spots if I'm available. Just go faster that your coach!
In our growing church, needs change and sometimes, people move in response to God's calling. A couple of weeks ago, Pastor Daniel asked our campus director Coy Sizemore, and at the same time our Quest AM coach Melissa, if he would live out a new endeavor at our Spotsy campus. Knowing Coy and Melissa's heart for this Lifepoint house, they both said yes. That is a testament their willingness to serve and their faith.
So this Sunday is their last Sunday with us. It is not that they wanted to leave as much as they were willing to follow the leadership of our executive team in filling the need at Spotsy. I applaud their faith, I cry our loss. I rejoice in their obedience, I'm sad for us Jedi.
But hey, we are still in the same church, just a different location, same house, just a different room.
It will be great. Tons of people have been becoming fully alive and committing their lives to Christ. This is a time for us to be a blessing and be blessed at the same time! We will also have a carnival feel to the services. It will be great.
- Saturday 6PM
- Sunday 8, 9:30, 11:30 AM. 1:30, 3:00 and 5PM.
Let's get our teams rolling!
- The idea is not to ask our team mates when they're serving but rather ASK them which 2 services they're serving!
- I know every one gives on a regular basis, but Easter is not business as usual. So we don't invest like our usual selves
Who are you teaching and entrusting right now?