1) Solar power is the energy formed from the sun. The sun is 150 million kilometers away and yet the smallest amount of it produces a lot of energy.
2) Solar cells are cells that convert light directly into electricity.
3) In a sunny climate, you can make enough power to run a 100W light bulb from 1 square meter of solar panel.
4) A solar furnace is a large structure of mirrors used to focus the sun's energy into one spot and create high temperatures.
5) Solar energy is what powers the satellites that orbit the earth.