Within the context of ensuring a safe workplace, an employer's due diligence should include the following:
- Acquire and keep up-to-date knowledge of Work, Health and Safety
- Gain understanding of the nature of the business processes and the risks and hazards associated with them
- Have and use resources and processes to eliminate or minimise risks
- Have processes for responding to information on incidents, hazards and risks
- Comply with any duty or obligation under the Act
Question: Does your employer do all of that? Give examples!
In this part you have learned about the Law construct, the employers' responsibilities to ensure a safe workplace and what due diligence means.
You have concluded Part 3 of this introduction. Click the button below to go to Part 4, where you will learn about employers responsibilities under the Work, Health and Safety Act.