Let's keep transit moving!
I have a realistic transit plan for Etobicoke-Lakeshore which is already in motion. We need to continue to move forward with transit in our community.
• Successfully reversed Metrolinx’s decision, and a Park Lawn GO station has been advanced to a business case.
• Secured new express bus routes to connect residents with GO services and subway stations, and increased service frequency on key routes.
• Delivered the Lake Shore Cycle Track to close the gap on the Waterfront Trail between Norris Crescent & First Street.
• Secured approval and funding to extend Legion Road from the Gardiner to Lake Shore Blvd W. Revived & reset waterfront transit planning to close the gap on dedicated-right of way transit in South Etobicoke, and will ensure that the Humber Bay Link remains a priority part of this project.
• Continue to implement transit solutions identified in the Park Lawn Lake Shore Transportation Master Plan.
Building a complete community
I work frequently with local community members to identify problems and produce real results, to ensure that our community remains a safe & beautiful place to live, work & play.
• Revitalized over 20 parks and recreation spaces in every corner of our community.
• Increased funding to Lakeshore Arts by 1,120% since 2003 & reached target of $25 per capita for arts & Culture.
• Improving the Mimico Linear Trail & Waterfront Trail in Humber Bay Shores to address safety concerns on these shared paths.
• Requested 587 traffic studies in the last 3 years which has led to the reduction of speed limits, new stop signs, new traffic signals, new pedestrian crosswalks, and other traffic calming features.
• Working with Vision Zero to implement School Safety Zones around all schools, and installed a new Senior Safety Zone on Cavell Ave near Griggs Manor.
• Voted to hire 100 new police officers and voted to establish a Community Safety Advisory Body.
Let's grow responsibly
I have the necessary and relevant experience to ensure that our community benefits and continues to prosper from the important upcoming projects.
• Support increased investment into our Storm Water Management System.
• Ensure that building transit & infrastructure are the top priorities at the Mr. Christie's Site (First Capital).
• Working to relocate ML Ready Mix out of Mimico. We are in the last step of the process, and I will keep fighting until the job is done.
• Work with all levels of government to increase funding for affordable units & ensure that new affordable units are included in new development projects.
• Continue to support the Open Door Program which leverages City land & provides incentives to build more affordable housing units.
• Ensure any applications brought forward for the Campbell’s Soup Property and New Toronto Industrial Lands bring the maximum number of jobs to Etobicoke-Lakeshore.
I have been honoured to represent our community at City Hall since 2003, and while we have made great strides in the many diverse neighbourhoods in South Etobicoke, there is still work to be done.
Our community will continue to face many challenges, and I have the experience to tackle those head on. In my last term we saw improvements in all areas of transit. There are over 10 brand new playgrounds, with several more underway, and the Lakeshore continues to be revitalized with new shops and businesses opening all the time.
In addition to the large scale improvements we have made so far, my office continues to help hundreds of residents each and every week with local and city wide issues. With your input we are shaping the future of our community. A community I was raised in, and raised my children in. My brothers and I were brought up in New Toronto. My wife Anne and I raised our five children in Mimico, and we now watch my eldest son and daughter-in-law start their own family here with our grandson in Alderwood. Our entire family lives here, and calls Etobicoke-Lakeshore home.
I want to thank you for the trust you place in me, and once again ask for your support and encouragement as we continue to make this the best place to live, work, and play.