What is an Art Director?
An art director is some one or a group of people who come up with different creative ideas that help advertise a company or a product. They use different applications like: posters, tv commercials, web designs etc.
Someone is this career would:
- Create and develop creative advertising ideas.
- Focuses on the visual aspect of advertising.
- Uses images and different designs to appeal the industries consumers.
- Examples of ideas can consist of poster, TV commercials, mobile applications, pamphlet and websites.
Why does a person in this field work independently, or as part of a team/group?
Some one in this field would wok as a part of a team. An art director has to communicate with his colleague and employer, in order to produce a great idea or piece for the company.
An art designer has to be able to continuously communicate with the employer so that they are all on the same page and an art designer would communicate with his colleagues to get different ideas and critiques.
- Degrees in any artistic fields.
- Graphic design.
- Imaginative and full of fresh ideas.
- Skills in contemporary art and design.
- Is updated with latest products techniques and tools (programs).
- someone who can think outside of the box; a creative thinker.
- A team player.
- someone who can control themselves in frustrating situations.
- Any visual skill that can help promote a product.
- Communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability manage time and people.
- leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good client handling ability.
The average pay for an Art Designer varies between $78,930-$111,073 yearly depending on the industry.
An Art designer can work in many different fields because every company no matter what their selling needs to advertise their product.
Some companies they could work for are:
- Hollister etc.
I think it is a career that I could be interested in, because it is mostly involved with visual aspects which is what i am interested in. However I am mostly interested in this career because its a career that isn't consistent. Being an art designer I could make different advertising aspects for different kinds of companies that have totally different products. As a result I would never get board of making ads because its something different overtime. Plus when making an ad for a company it could consist of posters, billboards, logos, packaging, commercials or web designs and is never the same.
Different Companies that an art director wold be part of.