From the Charter for Compassion:
“Be kind and you will be well. It has been the cornerstone of Eastern philosophy for centuries. But what if recognizing our shared humanity was more than just a sentimental ideal? What if consciously practicing kindness could change the wiring of your brain and make you live longer? Practicing compassion with intention has a positive physiological effect on the body." And, there is a growing body of research that shows “compassion could be the key to improved health, happiness and longevity.”
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce participants to the concept and practice of compassionate living.
- explore emerging understandings about the science and benefits of compassion
- learn about self-compassion and the practice of loving-kindness
- examine emerging research on "fierce self-compassion"
- understand how mindfulness, self-acceptance, and self-forgiveness are central to compassion
- learn about the protective nature of compassion, especially when caring for others
- engage in experiential practices designed to help cultivate a compassionate life
- receive a Certificate of Completion for attending the full series
This workshop series is offered on a regular, repeating basis in February, June, and October on Wednesday evenings. All session times are Eastern Time Zone, Canada. Please check the time converter for the start time in your location.
- Session 1: Introduction & Mindfulness: June 2, 2021 TIME: 6:30-8:30 PM
- Session 2: Compassion & Empathy: June 9, 2021 TIME: 6:30-9:00 PM
- Session 3: Self-Compassion: June 16, 2021 TIME: 6:30-8:30 PM
- Session 4: Wrap-up: June 23, 2021 TIME: 6:30-8:00 PM
All sessions will be delivered online until such time as we are all permitted to meet in person.
- Regular price: $250 CAD
- Discount: $225 CAD if paid in-full by May 19, 2021
- Payment via Interac (Canada), Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit Card: regular price
- Credit Card: discounted price
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at time of registration.
- Registration Form
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone/text: 613-329-6224
- Deadline for registration is May 29, 2021
- Website: deniseneumannfuhr.ca
Meet the Facilitator
Denise Neumann-Fuhr RN, MA, TCC
A nurse by training, I work with a psychospiritual approach to health and wellbeing. As a nurse educator and Transformational Coach (Certified 2010) my explorations and training span a myriad topic including the expansive realm of Transpersonal Psychology (MA, 2009). Augmenting this is ongoing training in Hakomi - a mindfulness-based method of assisted self-study (2018-present), energy healing (Reiki 2010, Vortex Energy), Compassion Cultivation with the Compassion Institute (2019), Life-Cycle Celebrant Certification, and mindfulness & meditation practices.
Mindful. Compassionate. Healing. is fundamental to my practice and the work of healing and restoring the wounded soul. It is fundamental to the work of MY soul. It defines my approach to life. For more information and credentials, please visit www.deniseneumannfuhr.ca