Engaging a contractor?
- Decide what tasks you will pass to a contractor to complete
- Select a contractor to do a range of tasks – e.g. research, writing, editing, design etc
- Keep in contact with contractor throughout project
- Sign-off with contractor when completed
- Have you determined your budget for the project? Do you have funding for promotion of the site? Have you considered running costs (human and financial) of your chosen medium?
- Have you selected the resources you will need? Images, maps, people, books etc
- Have you determined your timeframe for completion? Be realistic?
- Have you drafted your project plan? (Separate project plan template coming soon)
- Have you decided what digital channels to use – website, social media, app etc
- Have you drafted content for media releases, articles, brochure, advertising
- Will you need to develop other communications around the site? Celebrate your success!
Long-term prospects for the site
- How long will the information be valid? Will you need to update the info at some stage?
- What maintenance if any is required? How frequent?
- Any updates required for publications – e.g. reprints etc
Complete information on worksheet
Downloadable copy of planning visitor storytelling checklist and worksheet.
Created by Sandra Groves, First Chapter, Gisborne New Zealand. August 2019.