- This method is mostly used for women under the weight of 198 lbs.This method sticks to the skin releasing hormones through the skin to prevent pregnancy.
- This works on how the Patch prevents ovulation from happening, during a monthly cycle for the woman.Since there is no egg while this is happening the sperm cannot fertilize.
Do you need a prescription?
Yes ,you do need a prescription for the Patch. The prescription is called Xulane.Unfortunately this method DOES NOT protect you from a STI .So use a condom as well with the patch.
The Patch should cost you $30-$80 a month without insurance, with insurance the Patch would cost you about $15-$25 a month depends on your insurance policy's.
- The advantages is that this is a safe , simple , and convenient method.
- If you do decide to have kids you can simply just stop using the Patch .
- This also makes you have a lighter , regular , and shorter period.
- From this method it does cause you to have Irregular menstrual bleeding.
- Nausea ,headaches, dizziness , and breast tenderness etc.
- Skin reactions at the site of applications of the Patch.