The children work hard at their studies day and night, each at different levels and having their own unique challenges to over come.
Some of the challenges our children face when they arrive at The Bloom Center in terms of education are:
- When a child arrives they do not have knowledge of what education is or how to learn
- The structured learning environment, teachers, other children, pencils, paper, books are very new to them.
- Initially the children find it difficult to memorize the basics they learn.
- The children are generally placed into a Telugu Medium school because having them trying to learn English while adapting to everything is not feasible. We do have some children in English Medium schools although the focus is to be able to read and write English but not to speak it as a second language. We are working with our children who are attending English Medium to speak more often in English. The above video's of Shanti and Mahima presenting in English is an example of what they has learned.
- The children are placed into their class level by age and since most of our children are drastically behind in their learning they are placed with younger children and because they do not have the learning skills, underdevelopment is a challenge on many levels.
We currently have two newer children at ten years old learning their alphabets. Even with the support of local schools it becomes a great challenge to get them caught up to their age level. Extra help and support is needed for these children. We are committed to help all our children to give each a bright future. Each will go onto make a significant difference in their worlds of influence.