FOR EMPLOYED WORKERS AND DAY HIRES
- On the days prior to shooting, FILM MIA LLC. will require that every person entering a set produced or managed by us, fills and signs a Health Questionnaire which includes both required and optional information, this will help us identify possible threats to your health and others visiting the set.
- These forms will be confidential and will be examined by a medical expert who will determine if you are safe or not to enter the set.
- Are these forms legal? According to The Department of Labor and OSHA, on their publication 3990, "Prompt identification and isolation of potentially infectious individuals is a critical step in protecting workers, customers, visitors, and others at a worksite" Furthermore, The Us Equal Employment Opportunity Commission answers that question here: https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-should-know-about-covid-19-and-ada-rehabilitation-act-and-other-eeo-laws
"An employer may screen job applicants for symptoms of COVID-19 after making a conditional job offer, as long as it does so for all entering employees in the same type of job. This ADA rule applies whether or not the applicant has a disability.”
- Any medical exams are permitted after an employer has made a conditional offer of employment. However, employers should be aware that some people with COVID-19 do not have a fever.
- According to current CDC guidance, an individual who has COVID-19 or symptoms associated with it should not be in the workplace. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/community-mitigation-strategy.pdf
WAIVERS / HOLD HARMLESS
- At the moment of release of this micro-site FILM MIA LLC will not be creating any Hold Harmless as they fall into a grey area of legality as of now.
- FILM MIA LLC will be sending an Acknowledgment of Risk Letter, based on the premise that the workers should know production cannot control what visitors and employees have as exposure before their arrival to set
FOR VENDORS AND CONTRACTORS
- FILM MIA LLC will adhere to the State, County and City regulations for the professional performances of business, this means that every vendor or contractor providing a service that requires a DBPR License must have a recently renewed Occupational License. This includes Catering Services, Estheticians or Beauticians, Hair Dressers, Medics, and Occupational Health and Safety consultants.
- Contractors loaning out employees to Film MIA LLC must supply the company with a Certificate of Worksman Compensation, or an exception of Works-Comp issued by the State of Florida. This exemption can be acquired here.
- Equipment vendors and rental companies will be asked to supply production with information about their handling of equipment prior to contracted dates. They must provide production with guidelines on how to disinfect equipment and instruments to avoid damages safely.
- Motorhomes, portable restrooms, and mobile offices must be adequately disinfected with an EPA registered Human Coronavirus disinfectant, and arrive to set sealed.