NSW DoE MyPL REGISTRATION closed at 5pm June 22nd.
Non NSW DoE Schools / Teachers may still register using the link below. NSW DoE staff can still register via this link also (PCARD), but not MyPL as journalling is already done. If you need help please call Paul Taylor on 0437492584.
Approximately 500 staff from 112 schools are enrolled for this event.
A google form was emailed to participants Sat/Sun 28th/29th July so participants could select the workshops of their choice. 20+ workshop providers and 40+ workshops. This form closed Friday 10th August.
Workshop selections have now been completed. Details of workshops selected by participants is available on a pdf file via the link below.
Follow the #iOTF5 to stay up to date with all announcements and details as the event gets closer.
Following on from an incredible iOnTheFuture4 lineup with Ron Berger, Eric Mazur, Dean Shareski, Michael Priddis and Kevin Honeycutt, ionthefuture brings you another world class lineup for a 2018 return. Watch the 4 min iOTF4 review for a taste.
‘Into The Deep’
Saturday August 25th 2018
iOTF5 ‘Into The Deep’ - a brief snapshot:
- Confirm the the latest developments with the automation and impact of AI on the workplace from industry expert and Faethm CEO Michael Priddis
- Learn first hand from Mark Scott NSW DoE Education Secretary about NSW Public Schools’ directions and response to this rapidly developing issue
- Discover how High Tech High CEO/Founder Larry Rosenstock has led global innovation in schools and enabled his staff to empower HTH students to lead and fuel their learning and growth through rich, deep project based learning
- Learn of the magnificent work Expeditionary Learning leads in developing future ready citizens via powerful student ownership of (Student-led assessment) and purpose for (authentic projects) learning - across 150 US schools from EL Director of Publications Libby Woodfin
- Choose from dozens of rich workshops (3x rounds) focusing on learning design, student-led assessment, project based learning, STEM, collaborative practice, school design, robotics, development of student character, to name a few
- Hear how Expeditionary Learning’s Deeper Learning approach in Chicago’s challenging Westside has inspired children to lead community change with EL Education Leader of the Year - Polaris Charter Academy Principal Michelle Navarre. An incredible story like none other ...
- Conclude your day with inspiring words from EL Education's former Managing Director of Professional Learning Cyndi Gueswel. Cyndi will remind us of what Deeper Learning looks like and why we must help all of our kids to invest in themselves, their learning, the learning of their peers so that together they may make the world a better place.
iOTF5 ‘Into The Deep’ Speakers
Larry Rosenstock - CEO High Tech High
Mark Scott AO - Secretary NSW Department of Education
Libby Woodfin - Director of Publications Expeditionary Learning
Keynote Speaker 4.
Cyndi Gueswel - Fmr Managing Director Professional Learning EL Education, USA
Keynote Speaker 5.
Michelle Navarre - Head of School, Polaris Charter Academy Chicago
Keynote Speaker 6.
Michael Priddis - CEO / Founder Faethm AI
Conference Location Announced!!!
Organising Committee - iOTF5 'Into The Deep' will be staged by a committee of dedicated teachers and SASS staff from Banora Point PS, Banora High School and Centaur PS.