Christ Is Risen! He Has Risen Indeed!
1st Pres Family, even though our regular worship routine has been temporarily disrupted, we can still worship our great and sovereign God together. Please join our church body on Sunday morning as we spend time in worship remotely. Grab your Bible and a cup of coffee, and find a comfortable seat. Let’s worship the Risen Christ together, even though we are apart.
To assist you in the worship service this morning, please take a moment to read the following:
- This worship service works as one continuous page. You can simply scroll through the page and engage in the various elements of worship. We have attempted to provide familiar elements from our services at First Pres.
- Throughout the worship service, you can click on the Vimeo videos for various elements of the service or to aid you in singing or meditating on the songs.
- After each video, simply press the "X" button at the top right hand corner of the video in order to pick up where you left off.
- A button/link to the sermon is provided later in the worship service.
- The Family and Children's Ministry at First Pres has put together a Simple Guide for Family Worship that can be found here on the church website that walks through how to lead your family with young children in worship this morning that includes activities and discussion questions for your younger children.
Preparing God's People for Worship
Prelude: Christ the Lord is Risen Today!
The Praise of God's People
Call to Worship
Christ the Lord is Risen Today!
God's People Affirm the Faith Together
In Christ Alone
God's People Confess Together
--Pray Aloud and then Silently--
It Is Well with My Soul
The Prayer for Christ's People
The Gifts of God's People
Giving tithes and offerings back to God is a key element of our worship. We are demonstrating our trust in God and reliance on him to provide for our daily needs. It is also a way that we declare that everything is the Lord's, and we are merely stewards of the resources that he was given to us. If you are used to giving in the offering plate each week, please consider using the link below or mailing in your offering during this time. The link below will take you to the secure giving page of our website. If you feel called to give this morning, simply return to the online worship service when your worship offering is complete.
Offertory: Is He Worthy?
The Word for God's People
"Jesus is Greater Than..."
Click the link above to go to our church website to watch the sermon for this week from Matthew 12:38-42. The sermon will be posted Sunday morning, 4.12.20.
The Sending of God's People
“Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.