- Name of Facility: Jakhalsdans Karoo Guesthouse
- Region: Karoo Nothern Cape Cape, South Africa
- Town (nearest): Loxton
- Category: Self Catering Farm accommodation
- Description: An oasis in the great plains of the Karoo, Jakhalsdans Guesthouse offers everything for the whole family to enjoy from fishing and game viewing to water skiing and bird watching. Beautiful gardens populated by a vast selection of birds surround the luxurious Guest houses. Covering 13 000 hectares this working farm has an abundance of game which guests can explore on foot, bicycle, horse or game drive.
- Accommodation: Accommodation consists out of three units catering for different needs.
The Old Farmhouse / Ou Opstal Guesthouse:
- The Ou Opstal guest house is a wonderful blend of old country farmhouse and luxury modern day amenities. The guest house consists of two bedrooms, one double room with on suite bathroom and a twin room with bathroom. A kitchen, scullery, dining room, sunroom and DSTV complete this beautiful house. The sunroom can be changed to a single room making it possible to sleep 5 - 7 people.
The Shearers Cottage
- The Shearers Cottage overlooks the dam with a wonderful front entertaining area with braai/bbq facilities. The Guest house consists of 2 units – each tastefully decorated with a kitchen and en-suite bathroom. Each unit sleeps 2 adults. A 3rd adult or 2 children can fit at maximum. (a lounge with cozy fireplace and sleeping unit will be made available).