4. Q: Are players supervised at all times?
A: Absolutely. On and off the field camper health and safety is our number one priority. We follow a strict safety policy that ensures that there are always an adequate number of camper supervisors at all times. We also ensure that each camper is always signed in and signed out of camp by an approved adult.
5. Q: What are the supervision arrangements at the dorm?
A: At the Georgian Court University Residential Camp, Red Bull coaches will be housed on each floor of each dorm. The players will be shown where the coach’s rooms are located and they will be clearly marked so that they can be easily located by any player needing them. Boys and girls are in separate dorms, with male coaches in the boys’ dorms and female coaches in the girls’ dorms. In addition to our staff, each location has their own campus security which is available 24 hours a day.
6. Q: What will happen in cases of injury or illness?
A: At all of our Residential Camps, the head coach holds an American Red Cross certificate in responding to emergencies and CPR for the professional rescuer. There will also be a qualified athletic trainer present during the week to provide on field treatment.
However, the usual course of action once any serious injury is stabilized, is to contact the parents and, if necessary, the local emergency services. In the registration process we also ask important medical related questions so that we are always aware of any pre-existing injury or illness.
7. Q: Do I need to bring my child’s immunization records to Residential Camp?
A: Yes, all Residential Camps require that we have each camper’s immunization record on file.
8. Q: Do I need to check in on the first day of camp?
A: Yes, check in will take place at the front of dorms. Signs will guide you to the appropriate parking area and check-in area. A campus map is included in this packet.
- The check in schedule is as follows:
- 12pm to 3pm – Rolling player arrival and check-in
- 3pm to 4:30pm – Player Orientation and Campus Tour
- 5pm to 6pm – Dinner
- 6pm to 8:30pm – Opening Tournament
Players should eat lunch before arriving as dinner is not until 5pm. Once you have dropped off your child you are free to leave. Due to the staggering check in times, parents are not expected to stay for the opening address.
9. Q: Is there a set check-out location and procedure?
A: Yes, check-out takes place following the tournament and graduation on the final day of camp. The players’ belongings will be packed and ready for departure prior to beginning of the tournament.
- The final day’s schedule is as follows:
- 9:00am – 12:00pm Training/Favorite Games
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm Tournament
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm Graduation
- 4:00pm – 4:30pm Check-out and pick up
Parents are invited to come and watch the tournament play on the final day. Following the tournament and graduation, which will take place at the field, the players, STILL WITH THEIR GROUPS, will proceed back to the dorms to gather their bags. Upon gathering their belongings they should proceed to the check-out tent with their parent (s) to officially check out form the camp.
10. Q: What do I do if I need to pick up my child early?
A: If a player needs to be picked up early please notify the trainers at the camp and provide a note stating such. If it is an unscheduled pick up you can always call 888.370.7287. However, a specific contact list with contact numbers directly to personnel on site will be provided to the parent or guardian checking in the player on the first day of camp.