Landforms and Bodies of Water
- Southern Africa is bordered by the Indian Ocean on the east and the Atlantic Ocean on the west.
- Angola and South Africa are each nearly the size of Western Europe and are the continent's seventh- and ninth- largest countries, respectively.
- The country of Madagascar occupies the world's fourth largest island, also called Madagascar.
Minerals and Other Resources
- South Africa's country of Zambia is one of Africa's richest in mineral resources.
- Mozambique has the world's largest supply of rare materials such as tantalite.