The first store in this location was a log cabin, owned and operated by Thomas Gorsuch. This building was built in 1895 by Thomas' son-in-law E B Burriss. It was operated as a general store, passing down through four generations until it closed in 1971.
Many of the items on display are items from the old general store.
Cheese case with cutting block
On the face of the walk-in cooler are tiles from Wheeling Tile. Behind the top is where the ice was stored in a cork lined compartment. The ice kept the meat in the cooler cold.
Canceled checks, a rubber stamp, scoop, keys and ledger book all from the store.
This desk, typewriter and check printer were all used in the store.
The store also serves as our gift shop.