I always look forward to the month of March! The changing of the seasons from winter to spring, longer days spent at the soccer field, and hopefully more sunshine than rain. If we are lucky, we might even spot a rainbow in the afternoon sky!
Have you ever thought about chasing a rainbow in hopes of finding a pot of gold at the end? Often, I reflect on the school that we have built together...you, me, our students, staff, families, and community. We all hold an important role and responsibility in building and maintaining a school that we are proud to call our own. I feel that we have done just that! We continue to work, grow, and prosper as a Gator Family, and I could not be more proud of the tremendous strides we have made together.
There are few things on this earth more precious than gold, but our students definitely fit the criteria. You will not find a group of educators more devoted, selfless, and caring as our teachers at GES. They are truly golden.
This spring, if you are lucky enough to glimpse a rainbow, I hope it makes you think of our school. I believe the rainbow ends at Gilbert Elementary School; I have certainly found my pot of gold!
Congratulations to our February Gators of the Month for being HONEST!
- Pre K - Brady Maples
- Kindergarten - Anslee Parris
- 1st Grade - Liberty Brown
- 2nd Grade - Cami Presnell
- 3rd Grade - Madi Belle Stout
- 4th Grade - Alice McGraw
- 5th Grade - Lexie Jackson
Our overall winner for Gator of the Month and winner of the prize pack was Alice McGraw. Congratulations!
February Staff Member of the Month
Congratulations to our Staff Member of the Month for February, Mr. Hobbs! Mr. Hobbs is not only an outstanding fourth grade teacher, but he’s always willing to lend a hand or help a fellow teammate with anything needed! Thank you, Mr. Hobbs! 💙💚
Adventure Awaits in Forest First
The students in the forest first grade classrooms are all smiles as they enjoy a beautiful afternoon of learning in the fresh air and sunshine. From climbing trees to making new friends, forest first has something for everyone! #outdoorlearning #forestfirst #theworldisourclassroom
Kindness Week @ GES
Gilbert Elementary celebrated Kindness Week February 22nd-26th. Students were challenged to do something kind for their fellow classmates, teachers, custodians, school nurses, etc. The world would be a better place if everyone followed in our students' footsteps!
3rd Grade Rocks!
Our third graders are excited to learn about various rock types and their attributes! #LearningIsAJourney #TakeTheFirstStep 💙💚
Young Authors' Fair
Gilbert Elementary held its Young Authors' Fair in February. Congratulations to all of our winners! The first place winners will advance to the county-level competition.
- Kindergarten 1st Place - Anslee Parris
- Kindergarten 2nd Place - Kruz Tucker
- Kindergarten 3rd Place - Sawyer Peace
- 1st Grade 1st Place - Jaxton Langston
- 1st Grade 2nd Place - Knox Owens
- 1st Grade 3rd Place - Braelyn Bailey
- 2nd Grade 1st Place - Grayson Thomas
- 2nd Grade 2nd Place - Tristyn Russell
- 2nd Grade 3rd Place - Aubree Murphy
- 3rd Grade 1st Place - Eli Hornung
- 3rd Grade 2nd Place - Bentley Bell
- 3rd Grade 3rd Place - Bradley Parris
- 4th Grade 1st Place - Hayden Linam
- 4th Grade 2nd Place - Jaley Chapman
- 4th Grade 3rd Place - Kenzie King
- 5th Grade 1st Place - Haylei Snyder
- 5th Grade 2nd Place - Corey Steele
- 5th Grade 3rd Place - Faith Coker
4th Grade Fractions
Our fourth graders are enjoying an engaging lesson on equivalent fractions this morning with Mr. Horne and Mr. Gregory! #LearningIsAJourney #TakeTheFirstStep 💙💚
Created with an image by _Alicja_ - "crocus saffron violet"