Does changing the kind of ball affect the distance when it rolls?
If we use a big ball, it will roll faster.
1. Set up the ramp using chair and wood plank.
2. Place soccer ball on top of the ramp
3. Let the ball roll down until it stops
4. Measure the distance from the bottom of the ramp until where the ball stopped
5. Record the data
6. Repeat 2, 3, 4, and 5 with Bouncy ball
7. Repeat steps 2, 3, 4, and 5 with Tennis ball
8. Repeat steps 2, 3, 4, and 5 with Basketball
Data collection test #1
Bouncy ball - 414 inches
Soccer ball - 580 inches
Tennis ball - 351 inches
Basketball - 1,109 inches
Data collection test #2
Bouncy ball - 409 inches
Soccer ball - 631 inches
Tennis ball - 376 inches
Basketball - 1,063 inches
Different kinds of balls
Same ramp and same ground
Our project was rolling balls down a ramp. Based on testing, we found that our hypothesis was correct because our hypothesis was the biggest ball would roll faster and the basketball was the biggest. And went the farthest.