Hands-on career learning opportunities
Exploration of potential career paths
Workplaces report that new employees entering the workforce out of high school and college are often not adequately prepared to be initially effective.
The CareerMaker STEM Lab would allow students to:
1. experience a variety of career opportunities while learning to work with others.
2. discover the skills needed to be successful in a variety of fields.
3. plan their course work in high school and post high school to be able to gain these necessary skills.
The CareerMaker STEM Lab would be used by most of the approximately 500 MJHS students.
Pre-made, customizable modules purchased from Paxton/Patterson will allow for students to hone problem solving skills while working on real-world situations.
7 Career Clusters
- Business and Finance
- Technology, Engineering, and Logistics
- Engineering and Logistics
- Health and Life Sciences
- Government, Law and Public Services
- Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- Personal Finance
- Design and Marketing
- Video Production
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Digital Manufacturing
- Forensic Science
- Virtual Architecture
- Structural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Sports Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine