Their capital is mexico City.
Mexico population is 127.02 million
Ethnic makeup: 62% Amerindian Mexican, 21% predominantly Amerindian, 7% Amerindian and 10% other.
Mexico has a democratic republic government.
Their currency is the peso
Religion is mainly Roman Catholic
Very moderate climate with warmer temperatures.
Traditional foods consist of corn, beans and chili peppers.
- Business hours from 9:00am to about 6:00pm.
- Meetings are considered very important.
- Punctuality is not expected at social events.
- Men wear casual business wear such as tuxedos.
- Very similar to the U.S.
- Women wear tight business dresses.
Conversation and meeting Etiquette.
- refrain from using first names unless invited to.
- Titles are considered important.(Mr, Ms, Mrs, etc.)
- being 15 minutes late is normal due to traffic in Mexico.
Gift giving Etiquette.
- Not a requirement in Mexican business.
- Thoughtful gesture is appreciated.
- According to Mexican "Folk talk", yellow flowers symbolize death, red flowers cast spells, and white flowers lift spells.
Let's make a deal.(Business Negotiations.)
- Communicate about Mexican culture.
- prefer doing business with people they know.
- They don't say "No", they replace it with"maybe" or "we'll see".
- Breakfast and lunch are good for meetings.
- Mexican breakfast: 7-8am.
- Mexican Lunch: 1:30-3pm.
- Men usually shake hands.
- Women usually pat each other on right forearm or shoulder.
- Mexican men exchange a sort of bear hug, called an "abrazo".