My Vision Is...
- Inspire individuals to be the best they can, to challenge themselves and build on their strengths.
- Help them manage themselves as lifelong learners, developing a positive mindset
- Use inquiry learning within my programme, giving agency to their learning and allowing children to create their own pathways.
- Recognise and value children's individuality
- Ensure real life learning opportunities are part of the classroom.
- Use key competencies as an integral part of the programme, reflecting the values and beliefs of the School.
- Develop integrated learning opportunities that promote collaboration.
- Take on board constructive feedback and act on this appropriately. I enjoy being challenged to extend my understanding skills. I am prepared to go the extra mile to achieve a high standard
ICT IN MY CLASSROOM
- I have a passion for e-learning and strive to increase my pedagogy within this area to benefit my students.
- Offering 21st Century learning means that developing an understanding of how to responsibly use technology and become a digital citizen is essential.
- Using key competence as a means to foster and support digital fluency across the School helps children to manage their own learning.
- Digital learning is embedded within the learning programme as one of the tools to extend children's learning. This creates higher order thinking and problem solving.
- Digital technology can be implemented across all age groups and curriculum areas to allow children to collaborate, communicate, think critically and problem solve so that they can make judgments.
- GAFE is an implementation across all aspects of my classroom including planning, activities and assessment using either iPads, Chromebooks, Mac books, digital T.V.s. etc.
MOTOR SENSORY SKILLS
- Learning based on active movement engages the brain and focuses learning.
- I believe the more areas of the brain engaged the higher the quality of learning.
- I believe it is important to strengthen the skills which underpin a learner, to help a child reach their learning potential. This creates a positive self image about themselves ensuring they achieve success. At Lake Tekapo School I have worked closely with a specialist to develop Individual programmes to accommodate children’s different learning styles and needs.
Programmes developed focus on
- Auditory Memory
- Spital Co-ordination
- Phonological Skills
- Visual Memory
- Processing difficulties
- Sequencing difficulties and inconsistencies
COMMITTED TO TEACHING
• Setting high standards for myself and my students are important. I am dedicated to my role as a teacher, totally committed to teaching and to the responsibility associated with being an effective teacher.
• Careful planning, preparation and teaching, reflects in positive achievements which is detailed in my assessment and record keeping.
• A flexible programme allows you to respond to school wide activities and interchange between classes.
• I have a genuine empathy with children and interest supporting children with special abilities. I am diplomatic in handling issues of a sensitive nature especially when involving outside agencies.
• Excellent communication skills I am able easily relate to colleagues, parents, peers and the wider school community.
• A listening ear or provide information and support when required and readily accept and act on advice given.
• Able to develop strong relationships with students to promoting a safe, emotional and physical environment.
• Respectful of the diversity of children’s individual needs and background.
• Committed to ensuring a positive classroom culture where individuals are valued, encouraged, respected and challenged academically, physically and socially.
• Experienced with classroom management to maintain appropriate behavior with clear routines and expectations.
• Use positive thinking and teaching techniques that motivate children to achieve at their level.
• Establish high expectations across all areas that value and promote learning, offering feedback within a well-structured classroom.
• Identify personalised learning goals with children relevant to their individual needs.
• Be a reflective teacher who carefully examines my performance, in relation to goals, modifying my programme and teaching style accordingly to improve student outcomes.
• Provide a well-balanced programme, integrating technology and inquiry learning into all areas of the curriculum, involving children in establishing their own learning goals, planning and evaluation.
• Encourage children to use their knowledge to develop their learning capacity.
• Keen to contribute to the corporate life of the school and are supportive of the special character.
• Aim to provide a positive role model with strong Christian beliefs. I’m a member of the parish and support this link with the school.
• Able to work cooperatively, lead effectively and eagerly take on new challenges and responsibilities, showing initiative and enthusiasm. Working within a team is one of my strengths.
• Well organized, self-motivated.
• Looking forward to participating fully in school wide activities, leading curriculum areas and sharing my expertise.
• Committed to developing my knowledge about current teaching philosophies. I am eager to participate fully with professional learning and am committed to challenging myself further as a teacher.
• As a member of this rural School community, I would aim to actively promote the school character within the wider community. I believe my knowledge and involvement with the School and wider community would be an advantage to the students. I play an active role with community activities and believe this will bring further expertise to the teaching position.