TAKE THE PLEDGE
The Pledge Project is key in raising the awareness and profile of disability football. The Pledge Project aims to engage with Professional and Grassroots Clubs across Berks & Bucks. We especially want to hear from youth and adult clubs who currently have no disability football provision.
In the tables below you will find a few examples of different types of pledges you as a club can make. A pledge could be to increase a coach's knowledge of the disability game, better access for supporters, promotion of local sessions and many more different areas. Clubs can Pledge to one or to a number of different targets. BBFA can work with each club to set realistic Pledges, no matter there size.
Below is only a few suggestions and clubs are welcome to come up with their own pledge to suit their club. Please feel free to contact BBFA at any stage for support or ideas with developing your Clubs Pledge.
HOW TO MAKE A PLEDGE
1) As a club, decide on what your Pledge to Disability Football would like to be.
2) Contact Disability Football Development Officer, Jonathan Coles to discuss your Club’s Pledge. Once agreed, Jonathan will send your Club a Pledge Card to sign.
3) Once signed the Pledge Card should be returned to Jonathan Coles at BBFA.
4) Upon receipt the Pledge Card will be shared on BBFA Social Media, the Club will be announced as a ‘Pledge Club’, receive positive media coverage and the Club will receive the BBFA Pledge Club Logo to proudly display on Club Website’s and Social Media. Once the Pledge is completed the club will receive an Official Certificate from the County FA. We do hope to offer additional incentives to our Pledge Clubs throughout the season.
5) Pledge Clubs will receive ongoing support from the County FA throughout the season to help clubs achieve their pledge by the end of the 2017/18 season.
DISABILITY FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER