I created this client piece for a local film class. They were filming a movie about the dangers of smoking and needed an anti-smoking poster. I created this final piece in Adobe Illustrator. This piece was really challenging because I wanted the cigarette character to be completely original, so I drew it by hand from scratch. I learned a lot about gradient shading and taught myself to go out of my comfort zone and try new techniques to get more original and creative artwork.
This logo was created for a local city college photography event. The event coordinators wanted a piece that was "modern" and "clean," so I tried creating a minimalist style logo. I used Adobe Illustrator to create the abstract camera and added in the words in Adobe InDesign. I had to use a complex system of overlapping shapes coupled with the shape builder tool to create the main camera part of the logo.
Rights in Love
I created this poster as a symbol for the support of same-sex marriage. This was made for posterheroes.org which is an organization that has an annual graphic design contest. The theme this year was gay rights. I made the final design in Adobe Illustrator, however I started the design process in a sketchbook. I scanned in the heart design which allowed me to then copy the cracks from the drawing.
My mom is an author and she was looking for a new logo. Basing my thought process off of this idea, I tried to create a logo that conveyed story-telling into a graphic. I used a stock photo for the open book and then had words coming out of the page to look like a story that came to life. I used Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign all together to create this final image.
This piece was designed to mimic the look of a hand-lettered chalk sign. I initially drew out the words on paper and then scanned it into the computer to clean it up and finished the effect. I added in a chalkboard background and inverted the image to create the white chalk effect. The image was made using both Illustrator and Photoshop. I had to create a custom pattern for the inside of the letters of "remembered" and "rules" and that was my first time experimenting with that.