DATES AND DEADLINES
November 16: SEC Championship Ticket Application Deadline
November 29: Bowl Game Ticket Application Deadline
November 30: Baseball Priority Season Ticket Deadline
PrimeSport Announced as TGBC Travel Partner
University of Georgia Athletics and The Georgia Bulldog Club have announced a new fan travel partnership with PrimeSport, the leader in providing direct access to the biggest sporting events. This new partnership names PrimeSport as the "Official Fan Travel and Hospitality Partner" and will provide Bulldog Club members, season ticket holders, UGA Alumni and fans with convenient and festive travel options to follow the Dawgs to various UGA away games including football and basketball. The first opportunity to travel on the official UGA tour will be the 2017-18 football bowl game.
''We're excited to be partnering with PrimeSport as they have an extensive experience managing fan travel and providing a high level of service,'' said Matt Borman, UGA Executive Associate Athletic Director ''PrimeSport already partners with many of the top events in sports, and we are confident they will provide our fans with the best travel and hospitality experience possible wherever the Bulldogs play.''
As part of the partnership, PrimeSport will be offering football and basketball travel and hospitality packages for Bulldogs fans. Official fan travel packages can include roundtrip airfare, game tickets, hotel accommodations, game transfers, official hospitality, souvenirs and much more.
''We are excited to announce our new partnership with Georgia. They have a rich tradition of academic and athletic excellence and we are excited to provide their fans with a first class and convenient travel experience,'' says Brian Cockerham, Vice President at PrimeSport.
Fans looking to buy fan travel packages to UGA athletic events can visit www.primesport.com/UGA or call 1-855-399-2551.
Donor Spotlight: Valdosta Bulldog Club
This month's donor spotlight recognizes the Valdosta Bulldog Club for their commitment and support of UGA Athletics. While not directly affiliated with UGA Athletics, the Valdosta Bulldog Club is the only regional club to make a commitment to the Magill Society. The Magill Society provides financial support for the ongoing West End Zone project, and through their annual fundraiser, the Valdosta Bulldog Club donated $57,500.
The Georgia Bulldog Club would like to recognize Fleming Hunt, Carl Holley, Ed Lamb, and Dr. Ed Mark for their leadership in spearheading this fundraising initiative. Valdosta is aptly named Winnersville, USA, in part because of the city's longstanding culture of high-level competition in high school sports. However, commitments like these show the exemplary qualities of the citizens of Valdosta, and prove the Winnersville tradition extends beyond the city's high school sports programs into the passion and dedication of its citizens. The gift from the Valdosta Bulldog Club has a sizable impact on the lives of UGA student-athletes, and we thank them for all they do in their support of UGA Athletics.
November Student-Athlete of the Month: Juwan Parker
Juwan Parker is a redshirt senior guard on the UGA men's basketball team. Originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma, Juwan is one of the most academically accomplished student-athletes in UGA history. During his time at UGA, Juwan has completed a Bachelor's in Business Management, a Master's in Sports Management, and is currently working on a Master's in Financial Planning. In addition to his academic accomplishments, Juwan has become a vital member of the rotation on the basketball team, starting 31 of 32 games last season. He averaged 9.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg and 1.8 apg, considerably higher than his career averages of 4.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg and 0.9 apg leading into the season.
What his UGA scholarship means to him:
“My scholarship means the world to me. Without it I wouldn't have met the wonderful people here in Athens that continues to impact my life every day or attain the level of education that is necessary to thrive after college.”
Off the Court
• Learn, Play, Excel Team Member: Worked with young children in the community focusing on the importance of academics, sports, and living a drug-free life.
• Inducted into the UGA Athletic Association’s Leadership Education and Development (L.E.A.D.) program in 2015. L.E.A.D. is designed to encourage leadership development in UGA's high-achieving and most promising student-athletes.
• Member of the 2017-18 Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and has served as his team’s representative on SAAC since 2015
• Honored with 2017 CoSIDA Academic All-American Award
• Community Volunteer Work: Boys and Girls Club of Athens, Athens Ath-Half Marathon, Safe Routes to School
November Student-Athlete of the Month: Haley Clark
Haley Clark, originally from Orlando, Florida, is a senior on the UGA women's basketball team. Haley completed her bachelor's degree in finance at the end of her junior season, and is pursuing a master's degree this year. Ultimately, Haley wants to pursue a career in financial planning for professional athletes. She currently makes monthly budgets for each of her teammates, and is also a major contributor on the court. Haley started all 31 games at point guard last season, and finished ranked sixth in the SEC with an average of 3.9 assists per game.
On what her UGA scholarship means to her:
“To me my scholarship means opportunity. The opportunity to get a degree from one of the greatest universities in the country, to play the sport I love, and to make lifelong friends and connections in the process.”
Off the Court
• Southeastern Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee: Selected by UGA Athletics Administration to serve as a representative at the conference student-athlete advisory committee.
• LEAD Dawgs Soles 4 Souls trip to Costa Rica: Interacted with impoverished children, washed their feet, gave them Nike tennis shoes, and painted a school lunchroom
• Honored with the 2017 Sportsmanship-Ethics Award: UGAA Sportsmanship and Ethics Awards are given to a male and a female athlete who are guided by the principles of ethical behavior and sportsmanship. They will acquire the knowledge that enables them to live their lives as citizens of sterling character.
• Inducted into the UGA Athletic Association’s Leadership Education and Development (L.E.A.D.) program in 2016. L.E.A.D. is designed to encourage leadership development in UGA’s high-achieving and most-promising student-athletes.
• Member of the 2017-18 Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and has served as her team’s representative on SAAC since 2015
• Chosen as Caterpillar Student Athlete of the Month
• Community Volunteer Work: Athens Ath-Half Marathon, Christmas Child Inc., Dawgs for Dawgs
Event Recap: MBB Meet the Team
This year's men's basketball Meet the Team took place at the Georgia Center on November 1. Each year, attendees get the chance to sit with players, get to know each of them personally, and hear about their lives outside basketball. Additionally, Coach Fox spoke about team expectations for the 2017-18 season and told stories about each player.
After playing two exhibition games, the team started the season with a 79-54 victory over Bryant University. Single-game and flex plan tickets can still be purchased by visiting www.georgiadogs.com or calling 706-542-1231.
Connect With The Georgia Bulldog Club