How Does SMAC's Swim-A-Thon Work?
Tuesday, Feburary 26th, every SMAC athlete will be taking part in the 2019 Swim-a-thon. Every SMAC athlete will be swimming 2 hours straight, trying to accumulate as many laps as possible in the time period.
- Athletes can swim with gear, choose their stroke or take a break as needed.
- Parents will need to count laps for their athlete. They'll need your help - bring a pencil and paper!
- We will have bagels, drinks and snacks following the event.
Travel and Local SMAC athletes 12 and under can wear fins, paddles, kickboards. If athletes have to take a break, take a break. It's a truly fun event, and we'll be looking to dominate some records set last season. All SMAC athletes are expected to attend. Below is the video from 2016!
Flat donations can be submitted at any time either online or to a coach. Per lap donations are due by March 15th. We've got a goal of $25,,000, which works out to roughly $140 per athlete.
All checks for the Swim-A-Thon should be made out to Smoky Mountain Aquatic Club. SMAC is a non-profit organization managed by a parent advisory board and all donations are tax deductible.
Why Are We Raising Money?
- We're looking to purchase more training equipment for our athletes.
- Financial Stability for SMAC's Non-Profit. All donations are Tax-Deductible.
- Investment in a Capital Fund towards the construction of our very own pool.
- Funds will be used for continuing coaches education in the form of American Swim Coaches Association clinics and schools.
USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION
5% of all funds will go into USA Swimming's Foundation. Since 2012, more than $1.4 million has been contributed in support of the USA Swimming Foundation's mission to save lives and build champions from teams hosting a USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon. Teams sign a contract to contribute 5% (or more) of the gross proceeds from their event to the Foundation. Each year many teams choose to contribute more than 5%, with some teams making the USA Swimming Foundation their charity of choice by donating 100% of their proceeds back to the USA Swimming Foundation!
Created with images by Charles Deluvio 🇵🇭🇨🇦 - "Gold Medal for the 2018 Winter Olympics"