THE ULTIMATE FLORIDA DREAMSCAPES (SEASCAPES) WAVES, WATERWAYS and POST-PROCESSING WORKSHOP!
WHEN: 2021 June 20-22, 3 days & 3 nights.
MEET UP FOR DINNER JUNE 19th TO BREAK THE ICE AND DISCUSS THE MORNINGS PLANS. (No photography planned the first evening meet up.)
WHERE: NORTH EAST/CENTRAL FLORIDA (St. Augustine, FL will most likely be our home base)
DEPOSIT: $600 TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE
- On location 3 days photographing during sunrise and sunset and full post-processing each day
- Post processing training in a comfortable Vacation Rental or Hotel midday's while not on location
- A MP4 recording will be supplied of all curriculum taught during the workshop!
- 6-7 Spots Available Per Workshop
- A minimum deposit to hold your spot is $600 with the remaining balance due at least 45 days prior to the beginning of the workshop. Once you click to reserve your space, you will be sent an invoice with more detailed instructions on how to pay for your reservation.
- After your payment has been made you will receive an email confirmation and later the following forms: Workshop Questionnaire, Waiver/Release, General Supply List and "Fundamental Keys to Mastering Post-Processing Workflow".
- I will also be scheduling a time to connect with you over the phone to discuss your goals for the workshop and answer questions you may have. We will also keep in close contact leading up to the workshop to help arrange travel and lodging, as well.
- Full Post-Processing Instruction throughout non shooting times based on your needs and desires to learn! All recorded as MP4 Video and given for no extra charge after the workshop.
- A Nonlinear itinerary ranging from Northeast Florida Coast to Central Florida. We Chase the light! We go where the opportunity for dramatic light and atmosphere leads, best determined by my careful constant expert study of the weather during the workshop.
- If flying into workshop recommended airport is JAX Jacksonville Florida International Airport.
- Home Base/Lodging will likely be in St. Augustine, FL.
- Meet and greet will be for dinner the night before (June 19th) the workshop begins. Location to be determined based on weather systems. Will keep in close contact leading up to workshop to assure all attendees have appropriate lodging and meet point.
- Locations range from multiple great Beach Locations, Coastal Wetlands, Marshes, Boneyard Beaches, Hidden Inlet Treasures, Lightening Storms and more. Most of the workshop will concentrate on dramatic Seascapes and creative Wave photography.
- Workshop is 3 days & 3 nights.
- We meet up the night before the workshop begins usually at a restaurant to "break the ice" and get to know each other and discuss possible plans of locations depending on weather research, desires of each client for workshop, discussion of any additional supplies we will need to pick up before workshop begins at sunrise.
- Photographing will be sunrise and sunset with critical post-processing training midday.
- We will usually be able to eat at a restaurant for breakfast(s)/lunch(s) after shooting sunrise and some dinners. Sometimes food can be ordered to our teaching area, and other meals may be eaten on the road as we carry a cooler and non-perishables on the road.
- For possible private workshops around those dates or further questions email me at: Mark@markmetternich.com
Please note that over the years I have found a certain percentage of participants that desire a linear-type itinerary outlining where we will be each day, and at what time we will be doing what… I conscientiously choose to not lead my workshops this way! Most photographers know that the great light will not respond to us, we need to respond to it!
My main goal is always to put you in the best locations at the very best times for the very best opportunities for the best imagery. The only way this can happen most often is by being flexible and intelligently reacting to the weather conditions. Due to seasonal and weather changes, locations will be decided on a day to day basis, possibly, occasionally subject to change at a given moment. In making decisions for the group, my methodology is to watch the weather closely, apply intuition, experience, guesswork, and also take into consideration the photographic needs/desires of all the individuals in the group. The workshops that plan out everything in advance are rarely at the best places at the best times!
If you want to check out my recommendations from my previous clients just email me and I'll give you a substantial list of previous clients that would be happy to answer any questions you may have about being on one of my workshops!
- We will meet up the THE NIGHT BEFORE the first scheduled day of workshop at a restaurant to “break the ice” and go over the plans for the workshop ahead.
LODGING & TRANSPORTATION
- Clients will be expected to either rent a vehicle during the duration of the workshop or drive their own Rental is not included in cost of workshop. We can recommend reliable companies we've used with great success on past workshops...
- Hotel recommendations will be provided by Sabrina Metternich, as well firstname.lastname@example.org. Hotel stays are not included in the price of the workshop. If someone wishes to have double occupancy for hotel rooms Sabrina will do her best to coordinate those needs.
- Almost all levels of fitness will acceptable on this workshop.
- Physical activity expected: hiking 1-2 miles with camera gear (in a day).
- Top class Post-Processing: As a leading educator in post processing 16+ years (Lightroom, Camera Raw, Photoshop, and other photo programs) I will be teaching participants during our midday off location times. The curriculum will be based on each person in the group’s specific educational goals! You will be taking your photography to the next level fast!
- Hands On Instruction: from the moment we meet up we will be connecting regarding every aspect of landscape/seascape photography, from composition to technical specifics of post-processing. I will be available for one-on-one instruction (as much or as little as requested) in the field for camera settings, composition suggestions, techniques etc. and after shooting in depth discussion with all of your questions answered.
- It will be best to bring a laptop and you will need to have either Lightroom AND Photoshop installed, or Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop. The more updated the versions, the better skills and training I can give you! Photoshop 2021 is highly recommended! Having only Lightroom will not be appropriate for the skills I need to teach you. I work comfortably in both Mac and PC.
"...You are an incredibly talented nature photographer who is fully committed to serving your client both in the field & with incredible/outstanding post processing tutoring! You are a guru! My goals were to bring my capture & post processing skills to the next level & have a lot of fun along the way. You fulfilled those goals beyond my wildest expectations! I cannot thank you enough for the best week I've EVER had doing & learning landscape photography."
- Carl Zanoni
All Images Cannot Be Reproduced, Downloaded or Used Without Expressed Consent From Mark Metternich Photography, LLC.
- *ALL FUNDS ARE NON REFUNDABLE but payments can be applied to other workshops or services and there is no expiration on the funds to be used. See below for further details.
- *COVID RELATED: If the workshop needs to be rescheduled due to Covid related reasons or the client is unable to attend for Covid related reasons, the client will be rebooked for the following year's corresponding workshop and those funds will automatically be applied to that reservation. If the client instead wishes to use the funds for another workshop or other services, this is also an option and they will need to notify Mark Metternich Photography, LLC of this request.
- *NON COVID RELATED CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENTS: If the client is unable to attend the workshop for their own personal emergency, funds may be applied to other services provided or another workshop and this decision is granted with the sole discretion of Mark Metternich Photography, LLC. A $250 transfer fee will be charged to change to another workshop or services.
* If you have any questions or concerns or want more details, please email me at email@example.com