- Melody Buckner, PhD., Director of Digital Learning
- Brian Puente, Creative Cloud Evangelist
University of Arizona Overview
- Established in 1885, the University of Arizona, the state's super land-grant university with about 43,000 students and over 3,000 faculty. There are 366 degrees available throughout 20 colleges at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- UA produces graduates who are real-world ready through its 100% Engagement Initiative.
- It benefits the state with an estimated economic impact of $8.3 billion annually.
- Campuses include: Main Campus, UA South, UA Online, Phoenix-BioMedical and several distance locations including China, Cambodia and Vietnam!
The Challenges and The Solutions
Adobe Experience Manager
AEM is a new product to campus and it’s a big complicated Adobe tool (think along the lines of Photoshop with lots of features and functionality). It integrates with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and has both a web interface as well as a desktop companion app which allows you to search assets in the AEM from your desktop.
The UA AEM environment is currently under development in what we’re calling Phase I and a group of early adopters are working through the platform set-up and a few early integrations.
These early adopters are:
- University Relations (Marketing and Branding) – who are transitioning their brand materials https://brand.arizona.edu/ into the AEM for better permissions and ease of access based on need.
- Office of Digital Learning - Central repository for content produced by the creative team (video files, html templates, and digital graphics) and course content materials .
- Arizona Public Media – who plan to store video in AEM for broader use (sounds close to what you are proposing)
AEM is intended to function
- 1st as an asset sharing/workspace,
- 2nd as a repository, and
- 3rd for archival storage
Show and Tell on AEM integration with D2L
My Dream for AEM -
- Faculty to share assets in AEM and integrate into D2L
- ODL and OIA ability to update and share an asset globally in D2L
- Design Set Catalog for faculty to browse and select for D2L course development
- Students to access AEM assets for purposes of creation, review and distribution to the UA Community
Adobe Creative Cloud Initiative
- Faculty and staff got access to Creative Cloud in fall 2016
- Students just got access in spring 2017
- Hired a Creative Cloud Evangelist in spring 2017
Events on campus to promote Creative Cloud include:
- UA Becomes an Adobe Creative Campus (https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/ua-becomes-wests-1st-adobe-creative-campus)
- Webinar on Behance for ePortfolios with iSpace and the Office of Student Engagement (http://library.arizona.edu/news/entries/view/3158)
- Creative Jam (https://nvite.com/CreativeJam/uarizona) (https://arizona.app.box.com/s/zeofwoltn51v0p4ewc179h67g5gquq4y)
- Kick off in August 2017 and Creative Showcase mid fall semester for student work
Goals for the Future
- Faculty - show ways to integrate Adobe into the curriculum
- Faculty - participate in 100% Engagement
- Students - events to engage Adobe in campus and everyday life
- Students - internship opportunities (AEM programmers)
- Create a culture of sharing with AEM
Mobile Matters - how can we use mobile in curriculum and outreach with Adobe?