- Melody Buckner, PhD
- Senior Director of Digital Learning
- Interim Dean - UA Sierra Vista (Arizona Branch Campus System) and the College of Applied Science and Technology
- Faculty - UA College of Education
University of Arizona Overview
- Established in 1885, the University of Arizona, the state's super land-grant university with about 43,000 students and over 3,000 faculty. There are 366 degrees available throughout 20 colleges at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- UA produces graduates who are real-world ready through its 100% Engagement Initiative.
- It benefits the state with an estimated economic impact of $8.3 billion annually.
- Campuses include: Main Campus, UA Online, UA Sierra Vista (Arizona Branch Campus System including several distance locations), Phoenix-BioMedical and international locations (https://microcampus.arizona.edu/)
The Challenges and The Solutions
Adobe Experience Manager
AEM is a new product to campus and it’s a big complicated Adobe tool. It is a Data Asset Management system allowing us to share assets across campus. It integrates with the Adobe Creative Cloud and has both a web interface as well as a desktop companion app which allows you to search assets in the AEM from your desktop.
The UA AEM environment recently became integrated with our LMS (D2L)
These early adopters are:
- University Relations (Marketing and Branding) – who are transitioning their brand materials https://brand.arizona.edu/ into the AEM for better permissions and ease of access based on need.
- Office of Digital Learning - Central repository for content produced by the creative team (video files, html templates, and digital graphics) and course content materials (http://odl.arizona.edu/) .
- Arizona Public Media – who plan to store video in AEM for broader use (https://www.azpm.org/)
AEM is intended to function
- 1st as an asset sharing/workspace
- 2nd as a repository
- 3rd for archival storage
My Dream for AEM -
- Faculty to share assets in AEM and integrate into D2L
- ODL and OIA ability to update and share an asset globally in D2L
- Design Set Catalog for faculty to browse and select for D2L course development
- Students to access AEM assets for purposes of creation, review and distribution to the UA Community
- Hired an Applications Systems Analyst/Developer, Senior in spring 2018
Adobe Creative Cloud Initiative
Our mission is to collaboratively empower our faculty, staff and students to create the content that will drive the future.
Our brief history with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Faculty and Staff in fall 2016
- Students in spring 2017
- Hired a Creative Cloud Evangelist in spring 2017
- UA Becomes an Adobe Creative Campus (https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/ua-becomes-wests-1st-adobe-creative-campus)
- Creative Jam (https://nvite.com/CreativeJam/uarizona) (https://arizona.app.box.com/s/zeofwoltn51v0p4ewc179h67g5gquq4y) (https://youtu.be/oBeCQbxjSD8)
Goals for the Future
- Faculty - show ways to integrate Adobe into the curriculum
- Faculty - participate in 100% Engagement
- Students - events to engage Adobe in campus and everyday life
- Students - internship opportunities (AEM programmers)
- Create a culture of sharing with AEM
Mobile Matters - how can we use mobile in curriculum and outreach with Adobe?