In this issue:
Thank You, Red Clay IT! | School Board Meeting on September 16 @ 7 PM | Red Clay's Roadmap to Reopening | Student Accident Insurance | Be Part of Our Upcoming Student Town Hall | Nominate an Educational Support Professional of the Year by September 18 | Join the Red Clay Community Financial Review Committee | Join the Red Clay Facilities Committee
THANK YOU, RED CLAY IT PROS!
In honor of National IT Professionals Day, we're sending a big shoutout to all of the dedicated IT staff members who help to make working and learning possible in Red Clay!
As we navigate the daily challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, our IT team is working harder than ever to make sure students and staff have the tools they need to succeed. We want to take a moment to highlight the important contributions of the many behind-the-scenes experts in Red Clay's Office of Information Systems.
Here are just some of the things our IT team has achieved in recent weeks:
- They procured and distributed 14,344 devices to ensure that every Red Clay student had a device for online learning by the first day of school. This is no small feat given global shortages, shipping delays, and the number of students we serve as Delaware's largest K-12 school system!
- They've answered 2,018 phone calls to the IT help desk and resolved 1,197 tickets.
- They've responded to close to 1,000 emails from Red Clay families and repaired 298 Chromebooks for students.
- They created a Tech FixIT bus that offers daily walk-up tech support for online learning in convenient locations across the community.
- They upgraded bandwidth across the district so that all Red Clay schools are at the state's maximum capacity to support video conferencing between educators and students.
- They invested in Zoom Education to give all district staff and educators access to expanded features when teaching and working online.
- To make it safer and more efficient for families to enroll their children in our district during the pandemic, they implemented an online registration app, making the old, paper process contact-free.
- They helped to replace over 400 classroom computers and 85 SmartBoards in preparation for the transition to in-person learning once schools open their doors.
Please join us in thanking the Red Clay IT team for always going the extra mile and doing whatever it takes to support outstanding teaching and learning.
School Board Meeting on September 16 @ 7 PM
Please note: This meeting will be held at Cab Calloway School of the Arts. The meeting will also be viewable via Zoom.
To participate in public comment, individuals must submit the public comment form and attend the board meeting in person. Social distancing and masks are required.
Please click below for the public comment form, the meeting agenda and the Zoom link where you can watch the meeting at 7 PM.
Red Clay's Roadmap to Reopening
As we focus on supporting students, families and staff during online learning, we want to continue to keep you informed of the latest developments in our roadmap to reopening.
Please tune into the September 16 school board meeting at 7 PM (details above) for an update on Red Clay's Roadmap to Reopening. Superintendent Green will share the latest guidance from state officials, insights from our recent questionnaires for families and staff, news about online learning, and next steps in planning for a phased-in hybrid model with on-campus learning opportunities for students.
Like many of you, we are also eagerly awaiting guidance on school athletics. Please stay tuned for an announcement in the next few days as we receive more information from the state.
Share your Back-to-school success with #YayRedClay
In Red Clay, we're celebrating all wins, big and small.
Maybe you connected your Chromebook for the first time, all by yourself. Maybe you were brave and raised your hand when your teacher asked for a volunteer. Maybe you helped your little brother or sister with their homework. Whatever successes you had this week, we want to hear about them.
Use #YayRedClay to share your recent wins and you could be featured in an issue of This Week in Red Clay!