6th grders talk
The 6th graders came to talk about the exhibition and they explained and talked about many things that really helped me get a better idea of the unit and what I am going to be facing. They talked about -
- Never give up and be commited
- Your competition is not the other group it is against yourself and your abilities.
- Do not use google use other search engines.Site your work
- NO plagerisim
- Good teamwork and participation
- Be commited, helpful, focused and help your group
- Have fun
- And many more things...
My 3 Interests
On Monday we were asked to write down our top 3 references. We did this so that they can form groups with our interests. These are my 3 preferences.
- Photography - I chose photography because I can keep the photos as memories and I can express my creativity through it. I take photos all the time but when I do take them when I am sad I cheer up. I can be myself in photography and being me and being creative is what I love ,thats why I like expressing myself through photography. Photography can be used in so many ways like magazines, evidence, memories..........
- Music - There are so many different ways to express yourself through music but I like to sing. I sing a lot when I am sad, happy or angry but singing always helps me to be happy and positive. I am always humming and listening to music it just puts me in a good mood and helps me to concentrate a lot more, like when studying or more...
- Marine animals - I love animals in general but I chose marine animals because a large portion of them have been extinct and I want to help. Appreciation of the aesthetic ( beauty )
Town Hall meeting
The whole of grade five gathered in a room to discuss the exhibition. We looked at a 2 videos which showed metaphors related to the exhibition.These are the videos that we saw.
- Bicycle tricks. It showed that you need a lot of practice to become what you want and do you want. This was really motivitional, have to be commited, but you really have to work for it and show what you really believe and value. Appreciation matters...
- Colours of reality. This video had shown that there are multiple ways to express yourselves but it also showed who you really are.The appreciation of the aesthetic.
Today I came to know what my group is !! My interest was Photography and my group is Ashika, Siddhant, Shreya and me. My group is small as we are 4 people but I think this is going to be fun and we will be a success. We build a bridge out of newspaper and tape, I learned that we are good at photography not engineering. I am happy with my group and the Idea. FUN !!!
Central Idea, loi and essential agreements
Today we discussed about these few things - CENTRAL IDEA, LOI AND ESSENTIAL AGREEMENTS.
Central Idea, LOI and Forming questions
We did all of these things today and we have been coming up with many ideas and have been doing a great job. Now we even started to form questions on each LOI this will help our research to be on track and help us throughout the journey. Based on the LOI and central idea we chose our concepts and had to choose on of the 3 strands. We our working hard and having fun this journey is really good so far and I hope it stays this wayI am also really excited as I got to know that we are meeting our mentor on Wednesday.
It was really nice to finally meet my mentor and she helped us to develop our ideas and organise ourselves better.
We started to form questions on each LOI which will lead our research and help us stay on task and focused. We all formed many questions and then decided who is going to research on what so we will be organised.
We started to research because we had many brilliant questions and we even colour coded each one of us to see who has research what. We have researched a lot and got so much interesting information. Because of researching we can get in depth information for our audiences.