1. Install After Effects (16.1). Update from Creative Cloud app OR download free trial
2. Download this free clip from Adobe Stock
3. Open After Effects 16.1. Choose New Project.
4. Double-click in Project panel.
5. Navigate to AdobeStock_222376940 and click Import
6. Drag the clip into the Composition panel.
For this exercise you need to shorten the clip to 5 seconds.
The Playhead in After Effects is called the "Current Time Indicator"
7. Drag the Current Time Indicator to 5 seconds. Then press N.
8. Right-click on the Work Area. Choose Trim Comp to Work Area.
9. Save Project (e.g. "Content Aware Fill exercise 1")
You're all set! Watch the video and follow the instructions.
Using Mask Tracking and Reference Frames with Content-Aware Fill
For the second exercise, download this free clip from AdobeStock_222376940
- Close the first project
- Double-click in Project panel and import AdobeStock_222376940
- Drag the clip into the Composition panel
- Drag the Current Time Indicator (aka "Playhead") to 2 seconds.
- Press N on your keyboard
- Right-click in the Work Area
- Choose Trim Comp to Work Area.
- Save the Project (e.g. "Content-Aware Fill exercise 2")