At Johnsen Group we would like to be part of the African & Middle East development. These are the general comments from USDA in the U.S.
The majority of the countries in Africa & Middle East can not keep up with local demands for fresh chicken meat.
Deadliness is always above +10% and in some countries we have seen +50%. Very hard to control the diseases in the stables.
Demand is increasing due to growth in population. Poultry is a cheap and efficient way to get proteins.
By 2050 around 2.2 billion people could be added to the global population and more than half of that growth will occur in Africa. The huge growth in population also puts pressure on natural resources and production of food in each country.
Most of the countries in Africa and Middle East wants to be self-sufficient as much as possible with poultry. This requires a lot of investments, knowledge and agriculture commodities like wheat, corn, soy-meal etc. With the pre-mixed chicken feed from Johnsen Group this is no longer a problem to grow the poultry industry.
At Johnsen Group we can assist with all the necessary know-how and the best natural chicken feed. It is very important that countries are scaling up chicken production at once in the best and most efficient way to be able to follow the demand.
It is only possible to keep up with the demand, IF production is done correctly under the controlled conditions. This will result in an even and reliable production of broilers and eggs.
By getting the sufficient support and investment from governments, corporations and private investors, Johnsen Group can help each country to come closer to its goal as a self-sufficient supplier. This will be done through our +100 years of knowledge in agriculture and farming.
By increasing the investment in chicken production, it will also have other positive side effects for a country. Jobs will be created to build the farms, slaughterhouses, maintenance, which will create spending power and tax income for the governments.
All in all it is a win win situation for the countries and the population.
WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER
FACT SHEET - CHICKEN FEED
- Breed: Ross 308
- Production time 32-35 days (In Cameroun the use 54-56 days)
- 8-8.5 Batches yearly per stable
- 450-500.000 chickens per year per stable
- 8-10 days for cleaning, disinfection and heating before new batch
- Gross 2,200 grams of chicken (The weight of the chicken, can easily be reduced or increased as the farmer wish)
- 3% deadliness (very low rate)
- 1.5 kg feed per 1 kg meat
- Chicken Feed are shipped in 20" or 40" containers. FOB terms. (On a big scale investment, we suggest to invest in local production with our supplier)
By using the knowledge, know-how and chicken feed from JOHNSEN GROUP, we will together set new standards in the poultry industry. The success is a combination of the correct chicken feed, clean water and correct ventilation.
For us to give the best possible advice, we need some basic questions regarding the local production and conditions.
- Can we test our chicken feed in an existing chicken farm? (Preferable two houses on the same farm)
- Numbers of chickens to test?
- What type of breed are used?
- How many batches are produced per year per farm?
- How many production days for a chicken?
- What is the gross weight when slaughtered?
- How many kg of feed does a chicken eat in the days of living?
- What country does the egg comes from?
- What kind of chicken feed are used today?
- Are all ingredients produced locally or imported?
- What is the size of a chicken farm (Sqm. or amount of chickens)
- Do the government subsidies chicken feed or anything related to production?
- How much does the farm get paid per kg. chicken when selling to a slaughterhouse or middleman?
J o h n s e n G r o u p I C E O - T h o m a s J o h n s e n
+ 4 5 2 9 8 9 2 3 2 3 I t h j@j o h n s e n g r o u p . c om
J o h n s e n G r o u p I D i r e c t o r - M a r t i n N . J e n s e n
+ 9 7 1 5 5 9 7 2 6 1 2 0 I mnj@j o h n s e n g r o u p . c om